What's the chance of getting JUCO Big Curry?

nitramnaed

Reaction score

Per Busting Brackets:

Minnesota Golden Gophers

New head coach Ben Johnson has been completely rebuilding the roster this offseason, including adding a pair of key JUCO transfers. Guard Abdoulaye Thiam and forward Charlie Daniels (Indian River State College) are likely to get a spot in the rotation and so would Curry, as the only true center on the roster is four-star Treyton Thompson, who is nearly 80 pounds lighter.

Curry would give Minnesota legit size for the upcoming season and he could very well end up being a top-3 producer on the team. He could play in the Big Ten with a large role, although the odds of him winning much wouldn’t be high at all. Even with Curry, the Gophers could end up in the bottom 2 or 3 in the league standings.

Had never heard of this guy -- sounds like a load at 6'9", 265! The second coming of Robert Tractor Traylor. He just decommitted from Kansas for anybody wondering.

Averaged 13/8, only 22 blocks in 31 games, shot 74% from the field.

Had never heard of this guy -- sounds like a load at 6'9", 265! The second coming of Robert Tractor Traylor. He just decommitted from Kansas for anybody wondering.

Averaged 13/8, only 22 blocks in 31 games, shot 74% from the field.
Blocks likely are not tracked very accurately at most JUCOs, based on what we’ve seen recently with other commits.

Is he Gritty?🤔

Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to picking up Gritty. He plays defense like nun other.

cut.jpg

Per Busting Brackets:

Minnesota Golden Gophers

the Gophers could end up in the bottom 2 or 3 in the league standings.

So the current roster of Ben Johnson type players equates to "experts" saying it's one of the worst rosters in the B1G.

Nice.

If he compares to Kelli Leaupepe from Loyola Marymount last year gave us all we could handle. Loved his game at 6'6" 250. I would take a player like that any day.

Seems like we should park the Gopher wrapped van right outside his house.

I looked at the headline, and I thought the guy's game was Big Curry.

Then I realized he was a "big" as in position. I still think Big Curry would be a great name for a player.

(FWIW, was scrolling on channel guide the other day. On some outdoor sports channel, there was a show called "Monster Carp." I swear I thought the show was called "Monster Crap," and I spent a few minutes contemplating what type of program that might be........)

I looked at the headline, and I thought the guy's game was Big Curry.

Then I realized he was a "big" as in position. I still think Big Curry would be a great name for a player.

(FWIW, was scrolling on channel guide the other day. On some outdoor sports channel, there was a show called "Monster Carp." I swear I thought the show was called "Monster Crap," and I spent a few minutes contemplating what type of program that might be........)
It’s a reality show that I am sure you have seen before

Top Bottom