What will the gophers record be at the end of the 2013?

What will the Gophers record be for the 2013 season?

• 3-9

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • 4-8

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • 5-7

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • 6-6

Votes: 25 15.8%
  • 7-5

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • 8-4

Votes: 46 29.1%
  • 9-3

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • 10-2

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • 11-1

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 12-0

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
How will the gophers finish at the end of the year?
If you have another record that you think the gophers will finish that is not an option please post reply of what record you think.

It felt good clicking on 8-4.

Looking at the schedule, Michigan is easily the toughest game. Nebraska is a (very) long shot as well. But every other game seems like it could be a win. I don't think we will be favored in many of the conference games, but if a play here or there could go our way, we could fall into a pretty solid record. Good health is key.

You forgot 7-6 as a choice. Pre-New Year Bowl's are certainly a possibility...

If we hit a bowl game, I got 8-5.

I was going to say 8-5 as well. Either 8 wins during the regular season a little better bowl but a loss or 7-5 in regular season and a low level bowl win.

8-4

UNLV - W
NMSU - W
W.I. - W
SJSU - W
Iowa - W
@ Mich - L
@ NW - L
Neb - L
@ Ind. - W
PSU - W
Wisc - W
@ Mich St - L

Very optimistic prediction on my part. 12-0 would be great, but realistically, I think this is best case scenario and is what I'm hoping for the most. Can't wait to get the season started! :)

6-6, although we look improved.

UNLV - W
NMSU - W
W.I. - W
SJSU - L
Iowa - W
@ Mich - L
@ NW - L
Neb - L
@ Ind. - W
PSU - W
Wisc - L
@ Mich St - L

8. I'll be a little disappointed if we don't reach that. I'll be very disappointed if we don't win seven. We had two conference wins in Brewster's last year. Then two in Kill's first. Then two again. It's time for more and I think they'll get them.

With one of the easiest non-conference schedules in the country team starts 4-0 but once conference season begins reality sets in. 5-7 overall.

I'll agree with 6-6 but improved nonetheless.

Last year Purdue and Illinois were the only two Big Ten teams we beat (and outside of NW the only two we came close to beating). They were replaced by Penn State and Indiana, which makes the whole schedule tougher.

I'll agree with 6-6 but improved nonetheless.

Last year Purdue and Illinois were the only two Big Ten teams we beat (and outside of NW the only two we came close to beating). They were replaced by Penn State and Indiana, which makes the whole schedule tougher.

What 6 games will they lose?

Let's be honest. We could lose to anyone on our schedule and it wouldn't be all that surprising. I don't see it (picked 8-4 myself), but a loss to any Big Ten team wouldn't be surprising. We're likely as good as half the Big Ten teams we play, but we could still lose.

They should beat UNLV, NMST, and Western Illinois

Beyond that, I'd say beating SJSU is a must if we want to have a decent season. Indiana is certainly doable even though it's on the road, and Iowa looks to be beatable at home. We're unquestionably the underdog in the remaining 6 games. We could certainly win some of those, but we could also certainly lose to the three teams I'm pegging us to beat as well.

Like I said, we could improve considerably this year and still only win 6 games because the schedule is tougher, and because, frankly, we were beaten so badly in our six losses that simply keeping those games close until the end would be an improvement without actually winning.

I'm sticking with 7-5. 4-0 in the non conf. ( The SJS QB will be running for his life ) 3 conference wins. PSU, Iowa, and the Skunks. Close games with the Huskers and Hoosiers.

I voted 7-5. I think we start the season 5-0, beating all four non-conference opponents and Iowa, then winning two of four against @Indiana, @Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Penn State, with one of them probably being Indiana. Maybe it's just because of the close games we've played against Northwestern in the recent past, but even though they're probably close to the same league as Nebraska and Michigan, a road win against Northwestern would surprise me less than a home win against Nebraska.

I went 8-4, because I drink a beer for each win. But I do it different; 1st win, 1 beer; 2nd win, 2 beers, etc, up to the 8th win I get 8 beers. If we are 5-0 after Iowa, I get 5 beers, and if we lose the next game, I still get another 5 beers. Actually, I hope we go 12-0.

A third think Gophers will win 8 or more games? Not likely. Besides the big boys, Iowa, San Jose State, Northwestern and Indiana will all be tough. Our schedule is murder. On the other hand, Nebraska's is soft enough they might go 11-1 into the title game.

I went 8-4, because I drink a beer for each win. But I do it different; 1st win, 1 beer; 2nd win, 2 beers, etc, up to the 8th win I get 8 beers. If we are 5-0 after Iowa, I get 5 beers, and if we lose the next game, I still get another 5 beers. Actually, I hope we go 12-0.

Wait, for win 2 do you drink 2 on top of the 1 you are drinking for the first win?

Wait, for win 2 do you drink 2 on top of the 1 you are drinking for the first win?

Good question SJU...the rules stipulate that going into game 2, I get 1 for the win we have before the game, and then if we win, after game 2, I get the 2 new ones. I'm no dummy.

8-4

UNLV - W
@ NMSU - W
Western Illinois - W
SJSU - W
Iowa - W
@ Michigan - L
@ NW - W
Nebraska - L
@ Indiana - W
Penn St - L
Wisconsin - W
@ MSU - L

8-4! Wins are UNLV, NMSU, WIU, SJSU, IOWA, Indiana, PSU, Wisconsin!!! Would that get us a Gator Bowl invite??

@Northwestern and @ Sparty are toss ups that the Gophs got a good chance in

A third think Gophers will win 8 or more games? Not likely. Besides the big boys, Iowa, San Jose State, Northwestern and Indiana will all be tough. Our schedule is murder. On the other hand, Nebraska's is soft enough they might go 11-1 into the title game.

I get what you're saying, but I'm getting a little tired of the "tough schedule" excuse. We play in the Big Ten. When will the schedule get easier -- in 2014 and 2015 when Ohio State and TCU are added? Eventually we have to start passing some teams up. When is that supposed to start?

Good question SJU...the rules stipulate that going into game 2, I get 1 for the win we have before the game, and then if we win, after game 2, I get the 2 new ones. I'm no dummy.

Are you and station13 ever going to get season tickets? What do you old farts have to do on a Saturday that would keep you from going to a game???

Are you and station13 ever going to get season tickets? What do you old farts have to do on a Saturday that would keep you from going to a game???

When one is locked into an insane asylum, it is tough to get a weekend pass.

Top Bottom