What We Said on 9/5/09

Iceland12

Reaction score
Here is what was predicted for the season as of 9/5. The thread was closed so I copied it. I was ready to give-up on the season at 4:00 on Saturday. I knew they probably would lose but I didn't think the Offense would look so putrid. However, an understanding spouse, ribs, Wild Turkey Reserve, a good cigar, and a couple of great games on TV that night changed my mood.

I thought they would win 7 and hoped for 9 before the season so I'm not going to fold now.

It looks like 88% of us still have an outside chance of being right. Oh, also note that so far only the Wisconsin game is one that nearly everybody wrong about.

Final Tally of Predictions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final tally of the 2009 season predictions:

Number (pctge of total) picking Gophers over ….
95 ( 97.9% ) …... Syracuse
92 ( 94.8% ) …... Air Force
20 ( 20.6% ) …... California
73 ( 75.3% ) …... Northwestern
89 ( 91.8% ) …... Wisconsin
94 ( 96.9% ) …... Purdue
13 ( 13.4% ) …... Penn State
. 4 (. 4.1% ) …... Ohio State
57 ( 58.8% ) …... Michigan State
64 ( 66.0% ) …... Illinois
97 (100.0% ) ….. South Dakota State
28 ( 28.9% ) …... Iowa

The number of GopherHolers predicting the season's tally:

Nmbr - Predicted Gopher Record

. 1 ... 12 - 0
. 3 ... 11 - 1
. 7 ... 10 - 2
10 ..... 9 - 3
21 ..... 8 - 4
30 ..... 7 - 5
19 ..... 6 - 6
. 5 ..... 5 - 7
. 1 ..... 4 - 8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Rick Mons; 09-05-2009 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Predictions now closed -- Good luck Gophers!

Interesting

Therefore we are doing about as expected. I guess the frustrating thing is we NEVER shock the world with a surprisingly good season. The only time we surprise is when we have a much worse season than expected. Once--just once--couldnt all the stars and planets align properly and we surprise everyone. But nooooo. Is once in 50 years too much to ask?

maybe the frustration level is a good thing. We can all see how we could easily be 6-1 right now, even if we're right where we expected the team to be. If we all thought we were lucky to be 4-3 and were happy about it i suppose it'd be a bad sign.

Plus 91.8% of the people couldn't get themselves to pick the Badgers no matter what.

I would never pick the Badgers...EVER...they could be #1 and we could be #100 and I would still pick the Gophers...The HATE is that strong.......

Top Bottom