What was the scalping situation like?

Rick Mons

The former MN Snowman
Reaction score
An acquaintance asked whether there were tickets available through scalpers -- he's planning on attending the Cal game and prides himself on "getting deals."

We came in via the St Paul shuttle and entered in Gate B on the northeast side. I only saw a couple of scalpers and didn't think to ask them what they were asking for the tickets. (It was close to two hours before kick-off so my experience wouldn't be a factor for ol' "Mr. I-can-get-a-deal" who wouldnt buy more than 10 minutes before game-time and often waits 'til after kick-off)

Were there more scalpers by the plaza or Station 19, Williams and/or Mariucci? Any idea on what the pricing level was for the AF game? (Since it was the first game, "Mr. I-can-get-a-deal" figures there would be a $20-30 reduction in price for Cal)

I arrived early so I could get in as soon as they opened the doors. I saw a lot of people trying to get tickets, didn't see anyone selling them. Can't say what it was like later on.

An acquaintance asked whether there were tickets available through scalpers -- he's planning on attending the Cal game and prides himself on "getting deals."

We came in via the St Paul shuttle and entered in Gate B on the northeast side. I only saw a couple of scalpers and didn't think to ask them what they were asking for the tickets. (It was close to two hours before kick-off so my experience wouldn't be a factor for ol' "Mr. I-can-get-a-deal" who wouldnt buy more than 10 minutes before game-time and often waits 'til after kick-off)

Were there more scalpers by the plaza or Station 19, Williams and/or Mariucci? Any idea on what the pricing level was for the AF game? (Since it was the first game, "Mr. I-can-get-a-deal" figures there would be a $20-30 reduction in price for Cal)

Scalpers were asking for $200 a ticket on the SW corner of the stadium. Most Minnesotans were acting as if they'd just been asked to sell their first born and the usual asshole attitude out of the scalpers (and lies, telling one guy tix in my section were the actual seats, not the benches, which I corrected.

They were offering $100 for your tickets. Much harder than the $10 tickets that were always available outside the dome.

I expected there would be people showing up expecting to get cheap tickets. The days of $10 tickets for non-conference games are done.

my uncle got 2 club seats for face value an hour before game, I was very surprised. A lot of scalpers outside the student section entrance, Gate C offering $100-200 for upper level bench seats

my understanding (i think this was even confirmed in the st. paul pioneer press) is there was a lot of demand for tix, but a very, very limited supply of tix amongst the scalpers to actually sell, which is a great thing to see as a gophers football fan!

this may have been the first game in the stadium, but i see just as much demand for tix, and once again a rather limited supply, for next weekend against a #8 ranked Cal team on what is supposed to be a beautiful 75 degree saturday with mostly sunny weather.

basically, i wouldn't expect to pay face value or under like many were able to at the dome.

Not sure if this gives you any idea of the lack of supply, but I was offered $400 each for my tickets on the 48 yard line, row 5. I declined. :cool:

A scalper told me he saw an upper deck ticket sold for $300.

Top Bottom