What the ..........

husker70

Reaction score
I was checking for anything new on spring practice, and I went to the Star Tribune site. While I would argue that its more than resources, but rather an agenda at Trib this takes it to a whole new level. What is on the site, something new about the safety play, a feature on Ed Olson, a chat with Jewan Edwards? No, this is what they not only cover, publish, and for good measure place in the Gopher Football section. No agenda, Glen. You have some explainin to do

http://www.startribune.com/sports/g...cyaiUjc8LDyiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

I'm with bigten .. Just say no to clicking on the strib

Here is the article from the strib ....

Ball scores 2 TDS in Wisconsin spring game
Associated Press

Last update: April 17, 2010 - 11:56 PM
Print this story
E-mail this story
Save to del.icio.us
Share on Facebook
Share on Digg
More from Gophers
■Georgetown's Monroe declares for draft
■Tebow laughs off Cowboys owner's video
■Wild pitch helps Northwestern top Gophers
■Vega: Top marathoner is terror on treadmill
■Tailback tandem shines in Tide spring game
MADISON, Wis. - Montee Ball rushed for 74 yards and two touchdowns as the Cardinal defeated the White 33-11 in the University of Wisconsin spring football game on Saturday.

Before an announced crowd of 23,567, the Cardinal, which consisted of the projected starters on offense and defense, dominated the White squad, made up of the team's reserves.

Starting quarterback Scott Tolzien was 12 of 22 for 138 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions for the Cardinal. Backup quarterback Jon Budmayr was a combined 12 of 25 for 84 yards with no touchdowns and two interceptions as he played for both squads.

Louis Nzegwu had three sacks to spark the Cardinal defense, which held the White team to 77 yards in 34 total plays from scrimmage. That included a sack of quarterback Nate Tice in the fourth quarter for a safety.

The Cardinal offense, though, was stymied twice inside the 10-yard line on its first two possessions and had to settle for Philip Welch field goals of 20 and 26 yards.

That gave coach Bret Bielema a message for his players to ponder until fall camp begins in August.

"Obviously, it was a great day out there starting with we stayed relatively healthy. That's a positive," he said. "But in the first half, particularly, when we got down to the red zone, you'd like to see them finish things off."

Running back John Clay was held out of spring practice while recovering from surgery on both ankles. Wide receiver Nick Toon didn't play because of a concussion.

But starting offensive tackle Gabe Carimi wouldn't accept any excuses for the lack of touchdowns.

"We just didn't finish drives ... like we should do," Carimi concurred. "Touchdowns win games. If we just get field goals, it's not going to be good enough."

Welch, though, had an impressive day.

Between the first and second quarters, Welch and Alec Lerner attempted four field goals each in a rapid-fire kicking contest. Welch was 4 for 4, including a long of 45 yards, while Lerner went 4 for 4, with a long of 42 yards.

We all have our peeves in life, I get that. But if they frustrate you so badly, why do you try to go there for information? Don't use the Strib as a source of information and then you will not care what they do or do not cover. I don't quite follow the continual beating of your head against the wall.

Badgers drew 23,000 for Spring Game

Nebraska drew 80,000! It will be interesting to see how we do. Hopefully, Brew will play a regulation game, complete with punts, kickoffs, full quarters, etc., which he has not done in the past - even if the QBs are protected. We need the real thing in the Spring to bring in some people.

I'm going. Too much potential to dissect, and a great chance to view the stadium.

As for the article, they go from writing about the packers to now the badgers? I thought this was Minnesota? F* the Trib.

Nebraska drew 80,000! It will be interesting to see how we do. Hopefully, Brew will play a regulation game, complete with punts, kickoffs, full quarters, etc., which he has not done in the past - even if the QBs are protected. We need the real thing in the Spring to bring in some people.

12 minute running time quarters per Brew
we don't need gimmicks to bring people in, just fans who care and want to enjoy outside football on a beautiful spring day after being in the metrodome for 30 yrs.

Alabama had 92,000 for their spring game!!!!!!!!! Predict Goph 5,000-7,000

I was in Hot Springs, Ark. over the weekend, and all the Sun. papers were full of Razorback scrimmage articles, not the spring game. Every day we were there (6 days) some article on the Hogs. It is really crazy, makes me think of the 60's when almost every day in the spring there was an article in the Trib. Now they don't cover crap!!!

Paging DeltaHog...

I was in Hot Springs, Ark. over the weekend, and all the Sun. papers were full of Razorback scrimmage articles, not the spring game. Every day we were there (6 days) some article on the Hogs. It is really crazy, makes me think of the 60's when almost every day in the spring there was an article in the Trib. Now they don't cover crap!!!

Yeah SEC fans are rabid, loyal fans. With exception of the diehards here, not so much in the "Gopher nation".

Spread the news. FREE springgame! Open to all!

Jeez. Let's try to compare the attendance Saturday with programs that have a somewhat similar competitive environment in terms of sports entertainment: California, USC, Washington, Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State, Pitt, Miami, USF, Boston College, UCLA, Maryland.

If I was living in Lincoln or Tuscaloosa I would go to their spring game too. Honestly, WTF else are you going to do?

and what else do they have in Arkansas...

Here alone in the last week we had the brand new opening of a state of the art baseball stadium, the beginning of a professional baseball stadium, the end of a professional basketball and hockey season, and gearing up for a professional football draft.

In Arkansas they have.....the razorbacks....

Jeez. Let's try to compare the attendance Saturday with programs that have a somewhat similar competitive environment in terms of sports entertainment: California, USC, Washington, Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State, Pitt, Miami, USF, Boston College, UCLA, Maryland.

If I was living in Lincoln or Tuscaloosa I would go to their spring game too. Honestly, WTF else are you going to do?

On the flip side of that argument there are also a lot more people in the Twin Cities to pull from that there are in Lincoln or Tuscaloosa.

Top Bottom