What the hell happened?

Gopher Nate

Stud-Muffin
Reaction score
I tuned in for the second half expecting Minnesota to be slaughtering South Dakota, only to see that we are down 28-10. Then we look like we are coming back, but can't get a defensive stop. I get that the defense sucked, but what other things went wrong in the first half? And I don't want to hear Tim Brewster as a reason, because we all know that it is his fault when we lose. I saw the fumbles, but there must have been more. It was South Dakota!

The biggest reason we lost was the defense was pathetic, namely the pass defense. Towards the end of the game their QB started reeling off some big runs but it was the pass defense that put us the in position we were in. It was like Bowling Green 2007 all over again.

Offensively we could have scored more points, except Euree (sp?) dropped an easy TD pass in the end zone, and then Ellestad went on to miss a FG. The other bad part was Weber lost 2 fumbles in USD territory. But overall I thought the offense did good considering they were playing from behind most of the game.

Top Bottom