What Tanner Morgan had to say at Bowl Media Day.

NoelarBear

Reaction score
Q. Compare Minnesota to Phoenix, Arizona.

QUARTERBACK TANNER MORGAN:
Polar opposites. We love and embrace Minneapolis and playing in cold weather. Being here in Phoenix is a nice change-up, the sun, the desert. It's definitely nice. We are thankful to be out here. It's a great bowl. We are grateful they selected us, being able to come here early.

Q. As you look at the film and at the team meetings, what do you think this game will come down to?

TANNER MORGAN:
It always comes down to execution. It's a very simple fact. It's just kind of how the game of football goes. We are playing a really good opponent. A team who plays really hard, they do a lot of different things defensively that will make it challenging for us. That's what they have done all year. They have done a great job of doing that.

At the end of the day, it comes down to executing and taking care of the ball, finding ways to make explosive plays and really executing each and every play. To put yourself in that position and give yourself a best chance to win, that's all it is.

Q. Are you a baseball fan? You are playing in a baseball stadium.

TANNER MORGAN:
It's cool. I actually played in Cleveland when I was in middle school.
Weird -- way back in the day in 7th grade, playing in the junior league. I played there. It was cool so I'm excited to see it.

Q. How did you do?
TANNER MORGAN:
I don't know if there's video or not. Back then, it was a high school All-American
game. I played on CBS. I was a part of that. A lot of good memories from that.

Q. How do you feel getting a prime-time spot here elevates what you want to do after college and continuing to play?

TANNER MORGAN:
Absolutely. Just at the end of the day, it all comes down to getting a chance to play football. For us, we have a lot of guys that have lived through a lot of things together, through four, five, six years. It's one more opportunity together. That's what it's all about. We're excited to get the chance to play together and play as a team one more time.

A chance to win a bowl game is pretty special. We're excited to do that because being a part of a football team, the memories, the bonds you make with guys, it's really special. Each and every team every year is different. So this team is unique in a lot of ways. To be able to play a game of football one more time with those especially, is special.

Q. Does Coach [PJ] Fleck still talk about row the boat?
TANNER MORGAN:
We row the boat every day and every moment. That's always our philosophy.

Couple questions: I know Tanner is the winningest QB in Gopher history (or whatever his tag line)
but do we have a QB who will get the opportunity to beat him out next year? You gotta think no if two QB's transfer after finding out Tanner is returning. Or is the freshmen QB the best one in the weeds or is Kramer a dark horse candidate that influenced their decision to leave seeing no path to the field??

Which leads me to another question: Kramer played a handful of plays nearly every game...did he get any plays last night? If not, why not?

And, with Kirk back and 2019 nostalgia rampant, does that guarantee Tanner is the QB, pretty much no matter what?

Couple questions: I know Tanner is the winningest QB in Gopher history (or whatever his tag line)
but do we have a QB who will get the opportunity to beat him out next year? You gotta think no if two QB's transfer after finding out Tanner is returning. Or is the freshmen QB the best one in the weeds or is Kramer a dark horse candidate that influenced their decision to leave seeing no path to the field??

Which leads me to another question: Kramer played a handful of plays nearly every game...did he get any plays last night? If not, why not?

And, with Kirk back and 2019 nostalgia rampant, does that guarantee Tanner is the QB, pretty much no matter what?
All the QBs have the opportunity to beat him out, they won’t beat him out though, and it’s not because “Fleck loves him”. Hot take, Morgan is actually a good college QB! I’d be shocked if Morgan doesn’t put up much better numbers than he did the last two years.

I don't think Kramer played against Wiscy either.

All the QBs have the opportunity to beat him out, they won’t beat him out though, and it’s not because “Fleck loves him”. Hot take, Morgan is actually a good college QB! I’d be shocked if Morgan doesn’t put up much better numbers than he did the last two years.
Yeah I don’t buy the “Fleck is too loyal to Tanner” takes at all, especially with the willingness Fleck has shown to move on from his own coordinators when they aren’t getting it done.

Top Bottom