What should happen to General Milley right now..............

howeda7

Reaction score
He colluded with the Speaker of the House to seize control of the military from the elected POTUS. He inserted himself personally into the Chain of Command. He contacted our main enemy China, to let them know he would tip them off if there was any military action planned against them. He made the generals pledge an oath to him over the POTUS.

The Dems called Gen Flynn's phone call "treason" for 3+ years, and are now defending Milley. I'm actually kind of happy about this. This, the Afghanistan debacle, sky high inflation, and the Dem opposition to transparent audits of the election, are all waking people up.
I see. And this was all to prevent the evidence about bamboo ballots from being found out?

Section2

Reaction score
Trump tried desperately to stay in office despite losing the election and take our democracy down with it. And he gutted every "norm" he could. You found it refreshing and said "more please." But now you're concerned about norms and our democracy? Could you be a bigger hypocrite?
He did try to stay in office, but no, he didn’t take our democracy down. He gutted some norms for sure, not every one he could. That’s the exaggeration you don’t allow anyone else to use again.
I didn’t say that any of the above was refreshing and never used that word.

I’m not a fan of “democracy” like you. Norms can be good or bad. But YOU revere democracy and norms, or so you said. You couldn’t be any more smug and arrogant about them. But now that they’ve been violated to the detriment of your opponent? You have no problem whatsoever. So it seems that neither democracy or norms are very important to you.

Want my opinion? of course you do.
you like democracy because you feel your “team” has the numbers because of demographics. Pure voting favors your outcome, so you think. It’s a tactical advantage, not some high minded ideal. When the people vote against your interests, you don’t care so much about it. Norms? I mean duh. Same thing. It’s just a weapon. norms!!! He is violating norms!! That maniac!! He can’t do that!! Oh, we violated norms back? That’s ok.

if you can find a post of mine venerating democracy or norms as an ideal in and of themself, I will agree to the hypocrite label. But since you can’t, you get to wear it my friend. Big surprise. Hypocrisy is your middle name. 3 examples in one post. Nice work.

howeda7

Reaction score
He did try to stay in office, but no, he didn’t take our democracy down.
If he had stayed in office despite having lost the election, it would have taken our democracy down. And he's still aiming to do it next time if necessary. And you don't really care.

I’m not a fan of “democracy” like you.
We know. You want your world view implemented by any means necessary.

Norms can be good or bad. But YOU revere democracy and norms, or so you said. You couldn’t be any more smug and arrogant about them. But now that they’ve been violated to the detriment of your opponent? You have no problem whatsoever. So it seems that neither democracy or norms are very important to you.
For good or bad, our system of government is reliant on observing certain norms and traditions. If he did nothing else Trump showed us that. The military chain of command is important. It's not clear to me exactly what Miley did or did not do and what rules he may have broken. He will have to answer for that.

I'm simply pointing out that the idea that the military must immediately follow any order a President gives, no matter his motivation, his mental state, the magnitude or how many people might die is ridiculous. None of us want that standard blindly upheld if we're honest. This is almost certainly not the first time something like this has occurred and it won't be the last.

Spoofin

Reaction score
It's not an insurrection, that's ridiculous.

Milley may be guilty of disobeying an order and whatever punishment that merits.
Well, I guess if you want to ignore the official definition of an insurrection then it may be ridiculus. I'm guessing CNN told you it wasn't one so there will be no convincing you. Watching you and your comrades actually defend something like what is being reported is really a treat for me. Imagine being such a loser that you defend treason and insurrections because of politics. Good for you.

Wally

Reaction score
I'm simply pointing out that the idea that the military must immediately follow any order a President gives, no matter his motivation, his mental state, the magnitude or how many people might die is ridiculous. None of us want that standard blindly upheld if we're honest. This is almost certainly not the first time something like this has occurred and it won't be the last.
😍😍😍😍😍

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
If he had stayed........
Most reasonable people pretty much stopped reading at this. If we get 10 inches of snow tomorrow morning here in Vegas, the morning commute will be a disaster. If only... But what if....

Wally

Reaction score
Most reasonable people pretty much stopped reading at this. If we get 10 inches of snow tomorrow morning here in Vegas, the morning commute will be a disaster. If only... But what if....

If I shoot you in the head.

Hey I'm only pointing a gun at your head, telling you I am going to kill you, why are you freaking out??

I haven't shot you yet, wait until it happens, then you can freak out.....

🧐🧐🧐

Spoofin

Reaction score
Howie has spent 24/7 over the last 8-months on this. He won’t stop. He’ll still be yapping about it in 2030. CNN feeds that obsession. Sad. Very sad.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
I understand that people leak for a reason, and leakers have agendas.

But - for the sake of argument, if the source in the ABC story is accurate, then I don't see the "treason" here.

Again, the ABC story is-

US intelligence indicated that China was worried about a possible US attack. Esper and Milley reached out to their Chinese counterparts to reassure them that no attack was planned - with the goal (presumably) of making sure the Chinese did not over-react and take some aggressive action against the US.

In other words - they were trying to prevent something bad from happening. and people are outraged by that?

at the very least, (if this is accurate) it means that we are not talking about a "rogue General" here - but a coordinated response by the Defense Dept and Military to keep a possible situation from getting out of hand. Isn't that what we want people in that position to do - keep something bad from happening?

Spoofin

Reaction score
Yes - conflicting stories and the truth matters (even if some here will defend any answer). Let’s hope the investigation into what really did/didn’t happen has already started.

scools12

Reaction score
There was really nothing else General Woke could do because Trump was almost certainly definitely maybe not ever going to happen order an attack on China.

That is the leftists defense of General Woke. The 💩 these people make up is beyond belief.

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score
There was really nothing else General Woke could do because Trump was almost certainly definitely maybe not ever going to happen order an attack on China.

That is the leftists defense of General Woke. The 💩 these people make up is beyond belief.
I think the guys in the room with Dump every day probably knew his state of mind and what he was saying better than you.🤷🏼‍♂️

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score

Well, that may all be true, but IF... But IF!!!

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Should have been aware.... cool story.
Miller was barely on the job at this point. It's pretty obvious he was in charge in name only. Mattis was confirmed and served just shy of 2 years, then 200 days and 3 acting bosses, then Esper for 15 months (confirmed), and then two more acting bosses.
It is wholly not surprising with this carousel at the top, that the system moved forward without a lot of direction. 45 and the brass did not function as a team.

Last edited:

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
It is interesting that people who think their President is a cadaver don’t see a day they might need a brake check

GoodasGold

Reaction score

Utter nonsense.

bga1

Reaction score
Miller was barely on the job at this point. It's pretty obvious he was in charge in name only. Mattis was confirmed and served just shy of 2 years, then 200 days and 3 acting bosses, then Esper for 15 months (confirmed), and then two more acting bosses.
It is wholly not surprising with this carousel at the top, that the system moved forward without a lot of direction. 45 and the brass did not function as a team.
As we have told you time and again- there is a deep state of elite bureaucrats who are self dealers.
Trump was going after the deep state and the corruption you won't admit exists. That's why you cannot grasp that the non functioning teams were not Trump's problem- it's a swamp problem. When there are swamp Presidents in place everything looks all synced up to outsiders as the insiders organize things to their own benefit. This certainly includes a lot of the generals. Trump was a swamp drainer and they were always going to try to undermine him.

All that said, the accomplishments of Trump were historic, amazing...all while there was an attempted coup against him for all 4 years.

bga1

Reaction score
I understand that people leak for a reason, and leakers have agendas.

But - for the sake of argument, if the source in the ABC story is accurate, then I don't see the "treason" here.

Again, the ABC story is-

US intelligence indicated that China was worried about a possible US attack. Esper and Milley reached out to their Chinese counterparts to reassure them that no attack was planned - with the goal (presumably) of making sure the Chinese did not over-react and take some aggressive action against the US.

In other words - they were trying to prevent something bad from happening. and people are outraged by that?

at the very least, (if this is accurate) it means that we are not talking about a "rogue General" here - but a coordinated response by the Defense Dept and Military to keep a possible situation from getting out of hand. Isn't that what we want people in that position to do - keep something bad from happening?
US intelligence acted corruptly. Trump was the most non-interventionist President in modern times as it relates to warring. There was zero chance of a US attack on China. That is not even a serious idea. This is how the deep state works. US intelligence says something bad is going to happen and they plant the story and then they set the ball in motion to take actions based on the fake story they create. Much like the DNC hack which was never a Russian issue. It was made up to kick off other actions.

Wally

Reaction score
All that said, the accomplishments of Trump were historic, amazing...
All he accomplished was a tax cut, nothing else.

Trump helped bankrupt the country, when our economy was going gangbusters, it takes a special kind of moron to do that.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Why is @Costa Rican Gopher to much of a p__sy to answer the questions in post #167 ??

Once this blatent nothingburger was exposed, it was an immediate exit stage left!

Top Bottom