What non-QB Gophers do you want to see step up their play in B1G

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't turn into Leidner thread. So the question I propose is what non-QB players do you hope we get more production out of in Big Ten play?

I'd like to see Cockran and Elmore cause more havoc.

On offense, I really hope that at least 2 of our young WRs really separate themselves over the next few games - probably Gentry and Still.

I hope this doesn't turn into Leidner thread. So the question I propose is what non-QB players do you hope we get more production out of in Big Ten play?

On offense, I really hope that at least 2 of our young WRs really separate themselves over the next few games - probably Gentry and Still.

Lingen or Wozniak becoming consistent pass catchers would be big for our offense.

Pirsig, Mayes, Bobek, Campion, Bjorklund, and anyone else who plays on the o-line throughout the year. I understand that a couple are very young, and I'm sure it's very difficult with the injuries, but I think that if the o-line steps up the rest of the offensive will start clicking.

Pirsig, Mayes, Bobek, Campion, Bjorklund, and anyone else who plays on the o-line throughout the year. I understand that a couple are very young, and I'm sure it's very difficult with the injuries, but I think that if the o-line steps up the rest of the offensive will start clicking.

+1

I think the DE's as a group need to do a much better job generating pressure.

I really like what I saw when Smith/Brooks split carries. It did bring back memories of Barber/Maroney.

You could see the potential explosiveness with Gentry's second catch. I really want to see him get the ball more.

On D, Cockran needs to do more. He seemed to have a better game vs Ohio, otherwise has been virtually non-existent this year.

On offense: Everyone on the O-Line. It wasn't a train wreck last week. Needs to keep improving.

Defense: Just stay healthy, but I'll say the Linebackers need to get better.

Special Teams: Someone just catch the ball and run forward.

On offense: Everyone on the O-Line. It wasn't a train wreck last week. Needs to keep improving.

Defense: Just stay healthy, but I'll say the Linebackers need to get better.

Special Teams: Someone just catch the ball and run forward.

I would be fine if someone could just wave their arm and catch the ball. A big reason for his issues has been not calling fair catch. On his first fumble Saturday, he was trying to avoid getting hit and catching the ball at the same time.

I thought Holland had a pretty decent game against Ohio, I see him getting better as the year goes on and contributing more.

D- Hank Ekpe. Has not lived up to the hype at all.
O- Josh Campion. As one of our healthiest lineman and a super vet, he needs to be a lot better.

D- Hank Ekpe. Has not lived up to the hype at all.
O- Josh Campion. As one of our healthiest lineman and a super vet, he needs to be a lot better.

Wasn't Campion just injured?

Looks like Gentry will start getting more reps. Per Joe:

Gentry to play more

Kill said freshman wide receiver Isaiah Gentry could have an increased role at Northwestern. Gentry had two catches for 36 yards against Ohio.

“Isaiah’s had a great week of practice, so I’d look for him to play more and do things,” Kill said. “He’s a very talented kid, as you saw when he catches the ball. He’s explosive.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-notes-veteran-running-backs-find-playing-time-elusive/330192591/

Go Gophers!!

Would love to see Gentry or Carter explode this weekend. It's been awhile since we have had a WR who has been able to stretch the field.

Top Bottom