what is the #1 reason why tubby is 32-40 in bt play?

what is the #1 reason why tubby is 32-40 in bt play?

• Total voters
False.

With a starting lineup of Al, Blake, Royce, Trevor, RSIII, and a bench of Williams, Devoe, Cobbs, Carter, Iverson, and Walker (among others), this team is a top 4 seed in the dance, and the #3-4 Big Ten team at worst.

Six out of what would have been this team's 11-man rotation was gone for all/most of this season due to injury or transfer.

no actually this is false.

What is false about it?

there is no way of knowing where they would have finished in the B10 or what seed they may have had in the NCAA. it is just conjecture on your part.

could it have happened? sure, but still can't be considered fact.

there is no way of knowing where they would have finished in the B10 or what seed they may have had in the NCAA. it is just conjecture on your part.

could it have happened? sure, but still can't be considered fact.

Never said it was fact.

But that group being "an elite Big Ten roster", which was the initial point, is absolute fact.

Monty,

>> Bad coaching, bad fortunes, lack of execution....all of that is a non-factor if we have all the talent on this team that was recruited to play here IMO.<<

You may be vastly over-rating the home team's talent. Even with the injured and the defector, we were not an elite Big Ten roster by any means.

DP covered some of what I would have said, but in addition, I never said "elite", though I do personally feel that's a top 3 B1G roster right there. But the question was asked, why 32-40?

The first two years wouldn't change, the 8-10 and 9-9 stick. So that's 17-19 his first two years. I have a hard time believing that a full roster of guys wouldn't have been able to hit 12-6 on average the last two years. That's a 12 game improvement, and you're looking at 44-28, much better looking. I could easily cite 12 games (we saw about 6 of them in the last month alone) where a full compliment of players, and I'm talking every guy who was signed to play here, would have likely been the difference. Obviously there is no way to prove that, it is simply my belief, and I don't think it's unreasonable to think that way.

dpodoll,

I disagree. You have the homer disease. With everyone who began the season, we would still have neen flawed at 4 of 5 starting positions. Not terrible by any means, but certainly not elite. Our two greatest strengths would have been power forward and depth.

With everyone who began the season, we would still have neen flawed at 4 of 5 starting positions. Not terrible by any means, but certainly not elite. Our two greatest strengths would have been power forward and depth.

And there you go. We're having two different conversations. The question was not, "Why is Tubby 6-12 in BT play in 2010-11?" The question was, "Why is Tubby 32-40 in BT play over his career?" You changing the dynamic to "at the beginning of the season" and having your own conversation conveniently leaves out Royce White, Paul Carter, and Justin Cobbs. Adding those three to a roster with a healthy Nolen, Walker, and a non-pot-smoking Cory Joseph's older brother makes the 2010-11 Gophers an elite Big Ten team. I mean, it's really not even debatable.

And there you go. We're having two different conversations. The question was not, "Why is Tubby 6-12 in BT play in 2010-11?" The question was, "Why is Tubby 32-40 in BT play over his career?" You changing the dynamic to "at the beginning of the season" and having your own conversation conveniently leaves out Royce White, Paul Carter, and Justin Cobbs. Adding those three to a roster with a healthy Nolen, Walker, and a non-pot-smoking Cory Joseph's older brother makes the 2010-11 Gophers an elite Big Ten team. I mean, it's really not even debatable.

Of course it's debatable, because it never did and never will happen, so anyone can argue that taking 6 of your top 11 players , including 3 of which would have been in your top 5 group of players, would not make them elite. Logic will tell you otherwise, but as far as being debatable, by definition, yeah it is.

Please stop mentioning Justin Cobbs in this conversation. He was/is/and always will be a terrible terrible basketball player

Oh, it's debatable all right, and you're still wrong.

With a difference of one player (Al Nolen), the Gophers were 16-4 (5-3). With Nolen, Royce White, Paul Carter, Devoe Joseph, and Justin Cobbs (not to mention Mo Walker), you're telling me they don't win at least 12 or 13 Big Ten games this season? You can feel free to think that if you want, but you are a complete and utter moron if so.

An extremely depleted Gophers squad lost 5 Big Ten games by 5 points or less. That's 11 wins right there with those results flipped. You're telling me those players aren't worth at least 6 points in those 5 games? Not to mention at least 1 or 2 more wins? The concept is utterly laughable in its absurdity.

Please stop mentioning Justin Cobbs in this conversation. He was/is/and always will be a terrible terrible basketball player

As your starting PG in the Big Ten? Yes.

As your 3rd PG and 5th or 6th player off the bench in his sophomore year? No.

Why does every player that struggles in his FRESHMAN year have to be a "terrible" player, or "suck"? But anyway, Justin Cobbs playing 3rd PG is quite a nice deal, consider our 3rd PG right now is......no one. Mav playing 3rd PG is also a good deal. Either one starting = major problem, hence why roster turnover is my #1 reason why Tubby is 32-40 in BT play, which was the original point of this thread.

I am looking for the "because the games were on CCO" option.

I did not and will not vote for one of the choices. The reason for that being my choice is that all of the negative commentors are not the coaches. If they were, that would solve it, a coaching staff of 2,396, and that does not include the media experts.

The reason for all the losses is because Dr Don in not in the line-up harrassing the opponents.

Top Bottom