What injured player will have the biggest impact next year

Maroon92

Reaction score
Of all the injured players which one should we see the most contribution from next year. Are their any injured players which may be career limiting or ending that we should worry about?

I'm not sure if we'll have have a 100% healthy Duke Anyanwu, but if we do, I think he could be a big contributor.

Go Gophers!!

Travis would seem like a big addition to the secondary especially considering the guys we are losing back there.

Lincoln Plsek? I thought Lingen did a solid job in the receiving game, but I think we missed Plsek's blocking.

We really never got to see what Ace Rogers was capable of, so that is a bit of a mystery.

I would tend to say Plsek IF he is healthy. Claeys has hinted that Plsek's back is still iffy, and there's a chance he might not be able to come back - or at least not come back at the same physical level of play.

Oh, the obvious one is Leidner! He'll be out until summer. It's pretty important he returns to form! :cool:

Go Gophers!!

Of all the injured players which one should we see the most contribution from next year. Are their any injured players which may be career limiting or ending that we should worry about?

QB: Leidner...if he can run better, this offense gets better. so much of college football, and more and more NFL, is a qb who can make a play with his legs as much as his arm.

WR: A deep-threat/big play Gentry would be very helpful. Donovahn and Fruechte were threats lost from 14 to 15.

TE: I don't think Plsek is back due to back...I'm doubtful on Anyanwu as well. Losing Maxx and Plsek and Goodger from 14 to 15 was a tough blow to our o-line.

OL: Pirsig played hurt all year.

DT: Have to have Richardson and Ekpe healthy.

DB: Travis and Rogers would be huge. Travis is an NFL talent. Myrick looked good in Bowl game. He will be key.

Still holding out hope for Gentry to be something special. I don't remember which game he got in this year, but he looked like he gave us more of a playmaking threat than we've had at WR in awhile. Granted, it was only like two targets, but whatever.

Travis could be all Big Ten,Gentry has a chance if he can ever stay on the field and figure it out. Rogers should give us another quality D back in what I think will be a good group.

Still holding out hope for Gentry to be something special. I don't remember which game he got in this year, but he looked like he gave us more of a playmaking threat than we've had at WR in awhile. Granted, it was only like two targets, but whatever.

It was the Ohio game.

We are badly hurting for blocking TEs. Losing both Plsek and Anwanyu will hurt.

Why can't we get someone like Chase Allen or Albert Okwuegbunam in this recruiting class?

Top Bottom