What if??

tikited

Me
Reaction score
What if this happens? (Pretending that Penn State-Michigan-OSU get in...)

We beat Wisconsin. We lose to Michigan and Wisc. beats Indiana. We would be 9-9 BT and 21-9 overall. Wisconsin would be 10-8 BT and 19-11 overall. Neither team did well against Mich. St. or Purdue. We shut-out Wiscy. Wiscy played much beter down the stretch. Who gets in if it is down to us and them? Could those in-charge really keep us out? I have a feeling that is what might happen with our history with the tourney selection process. Beating a team twice you think would seal-the-deal.....

Wisconsin's SOS versus ours would likely play an integral role in deciding this. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but last IIRC we were in the 60s a week or two ago, and Wisconsin was in the top ten, if not top five.

Now, if IU were to upset the Badgers in your scenario and we both finished 9-9 in the league, I think the argument for the Gophers over the Badgers would be much better equipped.

As sad as it sounds, wiscy is almost a lock. Fortuantely, it will probably be down to us and another school that we'll measure better against. Or we could just win the last two and not worry.

Top Bottom