What if the team really gets behind Horton?

Governor Sibley

Section 109 Row 21
Reaction score
My big fear today is that 50 players show up at Maturi's office today asking for a meeting. That would be super not good.

Bill Lynch

My big fear today is that 50 players show up at Maturi's office today asking for a meeting. That would be super not good.

Horton is a good guy and he handled this end of the season with class and a win over the corn chickens. For that I am grateful.

I am hoping that all goes well for him and I wish him nothing but the best, but hiring a good guy because he is a good guy is about as smart as hiring a HC because he was once a recruiting coordinator for someone who was successful and has not HC experience.

The scary thing is the same A$$clown that made that hire is "making" this one (reportedly), so, yeah, I could see this happening if Maturi can't convince Barry Alverez he's getting the band back together in Minneapolis.

Didn't we have that when the players rallied around Gutekunst, and got him hired as HC? I do think that you need to give Horton some consideration as a fallback coach in case the list of interested coaches doesn't include anyone more inspiring than Horton, but that's about it.

Horton was hired to be the interim HC incase there was a 2007-like meltdown. And there was.

Top Bottom