What I want to see this weekend...

fryguy22

Maroon and Gold from birth
Reaction score
Too much Tubby talk, not enough talk about what's going to take place on the court. So here is what I want to see from the Gophers before the season ends...whether a sign the Gophers can make a run, progress towards next year, or sending the seniors off on a high note

- At least one more MONSTROUS Rodney dunk
- Trevor double double
- Trevor getting closer to 10+ FGA
- Austin hitting a couple 3's
- Dre being aggressive and taking his man off the dribble
- Coleman being aggressive and taking his man off the dribble
- Really, the whole team being aggressive and taking their man off the dribble
- Productive minutes from Eliason (hustle, rebounds, defense), Mav (no turnovers, a timely 3) and Welch (no TOs, solid defense)
- Tubby get in the refs face / look engaged, focused and yelling

Looking forward to all the games this weekend, it's the best time of the year! Go Gophers

Refreshing to have someone that actually wants to talk about the game. ... thanks! Not sure why all the other stuff can't wait until after the season is over.

Maximum effort is at the top of my list, both when things are going well, and when things aren't going so well.

If the Gophers give maximum effort, don't whine at the officials at every opportunity (looking mostly at you, Rodney & EE), and actually look like they're having fun playing basketball, I think we'll see them in the Round of 32. If we see sour looks on their faces and bad (read: slumping) body language early in the game, it'll be another quick exit.

I'm banking on the former, and a Sunday date with Billy D's squad.

Totally agree with SS about something refreshing. I needed a good cold glass of clean water instead of the continuous glasses of stale piss.

One thing I want and one thing only - a win.

Ugly, pretty, dunks, no dunks, 4 corner offense, 40 minutes of hell, - doesn't matter. Get me a win in the Tourney. That's it. Nothing else. A win and then we can focus on Florida.

Go Gophers!!

Refreshing to have someone that actually wants to talk about the game. ... thanks! Not sure why all the other stuff can't wait until after the season is over.

Maximum effort is at the top of my list, both when things are going well, and when things aren't going so well.

If the Gophers give maximum effort, don't whine at the officials at every opportunity (looking mostly at you, Rodney & EE), and actually look like they're having fun playing basketball, I think we'll see them in the Round of 32. If we see sour looks on their faces and bad (read: slumping) body language early in the game, it'll be another quick exit.

I'm banking on the former, and a Sunday date with Billy D's squad.

Since we have no idea which team is going to show up on Friday, we are not thinking of a win. I find myself to be as negative as ever. I stopped watching Gophers basketball several weeks back. I am not sure what is wrong with this team. Last 4 years, we blamed it on Ralph's soft plays. I am not sure who can be blamed for all of these losses this year.

Meanwhile, I agree. Lets support the Gophers. I will be watching the game for sure.

Go Gophers

^^^ agree with SS above. Go Gophers and Go Demons!

One thing I want and one thing only - a win.

Ugly, pretty, dunks, no dunks, 4 corner offense, 40 minutes of hell, - doesn't matter. Get me a win in the Tourney. That's it. Nothing else. A win and then we can focus on Florida.

Go Gophers!!
If in fact it is Florida. With how crazy and uneven this year has been, I'm relatively convinced that at least one of the top 12 seeds is going to take a tumble. Could be the Gators.

If in fact it is Florida. With how crazy and uneven this year has been, I'm relatively convinced that at least one of the top 12 seeds is going to take a tumble. Could be the Gators.

Even if it is Florida, Gophers still have a shot.

They are ranked very high by computers partially because when they are on, they destroy teams. They are still certainly beatable and have lost to some teams you wouldn't expect (Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky). The same can be said about MN and I wouldn't favor the Gophers in that match up, but if Florida is in a funk. We've got a good chance.

They are ranked very high by computers partially because when they are on, they destroy teams. They are still certainly beatable and have lost to some teams you wouldn't expect (Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky). The same can be said about MN and I wouldn't favor the Gophers in that match up, but if Florida is in a funk. We've got a good chance.

I watched the game against Tennessee. They were bad. I had not seen a Florida team that bad before. Maybe because the whole SEC was not too good this year.

Go Gophers

Out muscle them. The common characteristic of the Gophs when they were winning big games and looking like world beaters was that they were the toughest team on the floor. We wore down Memphis, MSU at home, IU at home, I'LL on the road, and even IU on the road in the second half.

Too much Tubby talk, not enough talk about what's going to take place on the court. So here is what I want to see from the Gophers before the season ends...whether a sign the Gophers can make a run, progress towards next year, or sending the seniors off on a high note

- Trevor double double
- Productive minutes from Eliason (hustle, rebounds, defense), Mav (no turnovers, a timely 3) and Welch (no TOs, solid defense)

Looking forward to all the games this weekend, it's the best time of the year! Go Gophers

Rodney made a nice drive down the lane on the left side against Zeller towards the end of the Indiana game at the Barn, I would take a repeat of that play anytime over a dunk,make plays like that against UCLA Gophs win going away.

Oh I agree, lots of things have to go right, but there's not a team in the country that they can't beat, as long as they've got their heads on straight. I just see this as a year where some pretty big upsets are going down in round 1.

I want to see them pounding the glass - particularly on the offensive end. And move the ball up the floor quickly off the defensive rebounds. That is when we have played well. If TM doesn't get 10+ rebounds and Rodney 7+, we lose. I also don't want to see backcourt fouls from Dre or 2 quick ones from TM. And yep, Austin needs to hit a couple outside shots.

EDIT: Shorten the bench.

- Trevor double double

Thanks for this thread! I am pumped for the game. I am like Bleed, just get me a W, I don't care what it looks like. That said..

I was thinking that it would be nice if Rodney gets a breakaway and does a 360 slam. This would help for multiple reasons. One, it would bring the team to its feet, cheering and getting pumped up. Second, it would be on the big stage and would be replayed all night and would be included in the tourney recap highlights and C), it would hopefully bring back the non conference Gophers that were having fun and rolling folks, including MSU and Illinois early in the year.

I want to see Rodney crashing the offensive glass and demoralizing people.

I want to see Dre take a long jump shot that he shouldn't take just to make a point. And make it, of course.

Yes, I want to see Dre, Austin, and even Welch shoot when they are open.

Rodney had a nice dribble drive with the left hand against Illinois in the B1G tourney too.

I would love to see up tempo with Coleman getting involved, but we haven't seen that for a long time.

Play like your hair is on fire versus the sulking look of Rodney and Austin at the press conference.
1. Rotate Ingram EE, Welch off the bench ( no Oto, no Mav )
2. Been discussed, but should be a given. Don't pull your starters if they get 2
fouls and bench them still the second half.
3. Run Rodney along the baseline to inside the paint. Don't have him at the top of the key handling
the ball. UCLA is not that big and plays soft in the middle.
4. Keep Mohamed under 20 points.
5. Finally, Tubby use your timeouts. Don't sit there like you're taking a dump
if things go south.
Go Gophers

Top Bottom