What happened? Minnesota's Tanner Morgan remains confident while searching for personal, team answers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Phil:

Minnesota quarterback Tanner Morgan took the virtual podium Monday sporting the same even-keeled demeanor Golden Gophers fans have come to relish plus a newly-shaved fu manchu mustache to add some flair.

In these tiny glimpses of live-streamed digital interaction, you’d never know what Morgan has been through this season. A dad with cancer. A city rocked by social unrest and violence. A football season gone awry.

All in the midst of a pandemic.

“I think being in a leadership position, it’s what you want,” Morgan said. “Being able to have the things on your shoulders. It’s not always going to be positive results, but you’re a person that people look up to and you kind of make things go. As a leader, you want that responsibility.”

Go Gophers!!

Really hope that Tanner and our O can get back on track this week. He's a fine young man and I do wonder how much his Dad's illness is affecting his focus.

Switch out the qb name and coaches name and this article is from 2016.

Switch out the qb name and coaches name and this article is from 2016.
No it isn’t.

In 2020 we are coming off the best QB season since at least the 60s

in 2016 the QB being interviewed was coming off 14 touchdowns and 11 interceptions and a 6-7 season.

It doesn’t mean the offense is going to be fine. But let’s not pretend Morgan is Mitch Liedner. And I like Mitch Liedner.

Les B mentioned somewhere that Tanner is dealing with a shoulder injury. I have to say that would make a TON of sense given what we're seeing on the field: marked decline in deep shots, hesitancy, dependence on the running game at all costs. The next question would obviously be why isn't Annexstad playing then...and the answer would be that the staff thinks TM at 80% (or whatever) is better than any other QB at 100%.

Again, all speculation as you know PJ & Co will never reveal anything about an injury...

Ummm it’s more likely he has played less good than 2019.

Les B mentioned somewhere that Tanner is dealing with a shoulder injury. I have to say that would make a TON of sense given what we're seeing on the field: marked decline in deep shots, hesitancy, dependence on the running game at all costs. The next question would obviously be why isn't Annexstad playing then...and the answer would be that the staff thinks TM at 80% (or whatever) is better than any other QB at 100%.

Again, all speculation as you know PJ & Co will never reveal anything about an injury...

It's true. Fleck must feel Morgan at something less than 100% still gives them the best chance to win. My guess is he goes with him thru WI game and it there isn't improvement we'll see some other QB's.

Granted, Les said ACL when he "meant" Achilles. So Tanner may indeed be injured, but it could be a broken rib, when he says "shoulder".

Sanford was asked point blank about ZA this week, and he babbled something about "team player", "great teammate", etc.

So long as Tanner isn't objectively losing the game for us, whether it be due to injury or whatever, Fleck will keep him in.

Granted, Les said ACL when he "meant" Achilles. So Tanner may indeed be injured, but it could be a broken rib, when he says "shoulder".
It's like an SAT question. ACL is to Achilles as Shoulder is to....

Sounds like a lot of politics. I am sure if he was not healthy they would throw in the old starter.

Top Bottom