What ever happens today - Thank you Gophers

Blizzard

Reaction score
I think we have a very, very, good chance to win today. We shocked a few good teams and I see no reason why we can't take Ohio State again. Turner quietly damn near put a triple double against when we beat them at home.

Our starters are well rested and they had to go to double OT to beat Ilinois. Energy should not be an issue for us.

A HUGE thank you to the Gophers for taking us this far.

What a run it IS ( not has been ).

I believe.

Tenacity

The team has shown tenacity and resilience. Reminiscent of the 1996-1997 team!

The team has shown tenacity and resilience. Reminiscent of the 1996-1997 team!

Uh, that team did have resilience, but I don't see many parallels between the two at all. That team dominated college basketball that year, only losing 4 games.

Sometimes it takes awhile for a kid to become an adult. Sometimes it takes an inconsistent team awhile to become a factor. Maybe the Gophers have become both. Go Gophers!!!

Tenacity (redux)

The 1996-97 team came back again and again from deficits. It showed especially an ability to tune out crowds on the road, and focus on what they needed to do. I'm thinking of Indiana, Iowa, Purdue, and Michigan road games, and of course the Clemson Sweet 16 and the UCLA Elite 8 game.

This team hardly has been dominant, for reasons discussed over-and-over again all year. However, at a neutral site for this week alone, they show focus, resiliency (different keys to winnin each of the PSU, MSU, and Purdue games), and a wonderful new-found tendency to kick up the intensity when a rival team shows weakness. Kicking a team when it's down like they did to Purdue early in the 1st half, and not relenting, is such a refreshing change, and the first time I've seen a Gopher b-ball team do this so consistently since 96-97.....

Agreed, whatever happens, very nice basketball. Especially Iverson, what a force down low. You get the feeling watching him, nobody wants to guard him. He's got respect now.

Tubby gets a lot of credit for making some adjustments and turning the season around.

ulmer

Hey Blizzard Thanks for bringing it back to a thank you for the run thought versus sitting on pins and needles wondering how Westys going to behave or is Colton going to be able to keep it going,blah,blah. Tubby got his 20 plus wins the boys look like they`ve matured in a big way and we`ve got the Buckeyes on a neutral court, lets go gophers.

Hear, hear! Thank you Gophers for another enjoyable season - but we're not done yet!

Win or lose today, in the NCAAs or the NIT - I enjoyed the ride. There were ups and downs, but at least the biggest up is coming NOW.

I'll chime in on this one with another big Thanks to the Gophs. Job well done. Looking forward to whatever the next game is.

Let's not lose our minds. Great job with the back-end push--fantastic! But the season was a mixed-bag at best (ahem).

Top Bottom