What drives me nut!!!

Reaction score
When early on in the game we had a couple of 3rd and shorts and we had what was it about 3 or 4 times within like 3 yards of the endzone and we couldn't punch it in, why in the heck did we not put gray in to run those plays he would've plowed over a couple guys to get the first on hose close to scoring plays he would've just strolled into endzone with his size and from what we saw in the northwestern game and from before in his career. I just don't get it. If he wasn't healthy enough okay then maybe don't risk it but if it was because they wanted to give Nelson experience that's just a bunch of bull crap. Gray is here for about 3 more games give him he ball at qb where he is truly most impacting for this team at.

Im sure if we put Gray in at QB Michigan won't know what to expect. :rolleyes:

When early on in the game we had a couple of 3rd and shorts and we had what was it about 3 or 4 times within like 3 yards of the endzone and we couldn't punch it in, why in the heck did we not put gray in to run those plays he would've plowed over a couple guys to get the first on hose close to scoring plays he would've just strolled into endzone with his size and from what we saw in the northwestern game and from before in his career. I just don't get it. If he wasn't healthy enough okay then maybe don't risk it but if it was because they wanted to give Nelson experience that's just a bunch of bull crap. Gray is here for about 3 more games give him he ball at qb where he is truly most impacting for this team at.

No and wrong. Get over it.

Gray shouldn't be QB. it's Nelson now.

However, Gray needs to be more involved in the offense. I said this in the official game thread, but Gray should be used like Harvin is for the Vikings. Put the ball in the hands of your play makers.

Nelson will be here three years after this. I don't think gray should start and play whole games but he is a senior knows this offense more than anybody on this team and he should at least brought in to help us get yards we couldn't get with our running backs and he's unpredictable when it comes his scheme and remember why he was taken out because he got injured not because he was playing bad. He got us yards in that northwestern game. For gosh sales we have a qb hats a senior and he's not even playing. He was the one qb who beat Iowa last year and he was the qb when we almost beat mich st last year. I think we need to give some playing at a spot he's been working hard for the last four years and can put his size and speed to work a little bit to get some extra yards

Maybe we should just bring him in for the wildcat. That worked before right???

What drives me nuts, is could we please use play action and role our quarterback out and give him some pass option?. Nelson is fast and athletic, let him roll out and have a run pass option. How many timesdto we have to watch a run up the middle get stuffed when we're inside the 10 yard line against teams like Michigan?

Also, Gray must still be hurting. He doesn't look quick or fast or like he can jump. He just doesn't look into it to me. I hope he is much better for the Illinois game (healthwise). Like the commentator was saying all day, with his size and athleticism we should be throwing to him more often and he should be much more productive. He just seems out of cink and seems like he can't use his athleticism to fend off defenders or win jump balls. It doesn't even look like he can jump or elevate. I gotta believe he's still not 100%. We need Barker, or we need guys to step up in the receiving game.

I actually agreed with the decision to take the redshirt off of Nelson. I still think Gray can help us at QB a little bit. With the Nelson decision, he has to get 95% of the snaps the rest of the way. Gray is still a 2-way threat (insert joke, I know) at QB. Inside the 5-10 yard line with his powerful running gives the team the best chance to be successful. I was surprised with out lack of success in short yardage that we didn't try Gray back there. I remember Iowa and Illinois games last year when he willed us to first downs and touchdowns.

I actually agreed with the decision to take the redshirt off of Nelson. I still think Gray can help us at QB a little bit. With the Nelson decision, he has to get 95% of the snaps the rest of the way. Gray is still a 2-way threat (insert joke, I know) at QB. Inside the 5-10 yard line with his powerful running gives the team the best chance to be successful. I was surprised with out lack of success in short yardage that we didn't try Gray back there. I remember Iowa and Illinois games last year when he willed us to first downs and touchdowns.

+1

I loved the formation with Nelson in the pistol with Williams and Kirkwood on each side and Maye behind him. Would love to see this formation more with Gray behind Nelson. Think of all the things you could do.

There are lots of ways to score on first and goal from the three. What I don't like is that we couldn't find any of them.

What drives me nuts, is could we please use play action and role our quarterback out and give him some pass option?. Nelson is fast and athletic, let him roll out and have a run pass option. How many timesdto we have to watch a run up the middle get stuffed when we're inside the 10 yard line against teams like Michigan?

Also, Gray must still be hurting. He doesn't look quick or fast or like he can jump. He just doesn't look into it to me. I hope he is much better for the Illinois game (healthwise). Like the commentator was saying all day, with his size and athleticism we should be throwing to him more often and he should be much more productive. He just seems out of cink and seems like he can't use his athleticism to fend off defenders or win jump balls. It doesn't even look like he can jump or elevate. I gotta believe he's still not 100%. We need Barker, or we need guys to step up in the receiving game.

Yep.

I actually agreed with the decision to take the redshirt off of Nelson. I still think Gray can help us at QB a little bit. With the Nelson decision, he has to get 95% of the snaps the rest of the way. Gray is still a 2-way threat (insert joke, I know) at QB. Inside the 5-10 yard line with his powerful running gives the team the best chance to be successful. I was surprised with out lack of success in short yardage that we didn't try Gray back there. I remember Iowa and Illinois games last year when he willed us to first downs and
touchdowns.

You are correct that in removing Nelson red shirt this late in the season; what goes with that is Nelson, barring injury will get every snap. We are committed to Nelson; he needs every snap in all situations to further his development.

On a side note; I think the kid is special. Folks in the know weren't egsagerating when they were hyping him up.

Gray has a very good standing hi jump and Sat he got 6 in. off the ground. HE IS STILL HURT!

Top Bottom