What do you think will happen?

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
We will barely score against Michigan & they will run the ball down our throats.
We will barley score against USC and they will shit kick us
The only way we beat UCLA is if DT runs a lot. We probably lose
Maryland is our best chance to get a win
Our offense scores less than 11 points against IL and Rutgers
Fleck finally makes a change at OC
What say you?

We cannot just run one running back. Need to utilize DT, Major and Nubin, as all are good blockers, runners and pass catchers. Qb has to be less jittery and lead the RB's on throws not behind them. A lot of tight windows, so we need some natural picks or ways to create space. I don't know, Michigan and USC are good teams, clear speed advantage, but they are not elite teams of the past where you show up and you are beaten. Michigan QB can run very fast, but he isn't that accurate a passer yet. He is better runner than their tailbacks right now. USC defense isn't anything special, but they can score. If we have any chance against Michigan the Oline needs to improve a heck of a lot this week.

Last edited:

Fleck has talked into every microphone that has been placed near him about how fun this group is to coach and how connected they are.

It’s been 8 seasons of meaningless, windbag statements like this. It seems to me that people within the program bought into this stuff for a few seasons but that ship has sailed now. We don’t have wins to take pride in but our boys always hand the ball to the ref and they run from one end of the sideline to the other at the quarter break. I guess that will have to do, in place of football wins.

Three win season ahead and although I don’t know where that third win will come from, I do know it won’t be Rutgers. That one is just setting up too perfectly for Kaliakmanis to throw for 400 yards and four TD’s to emphatically check that Minnesota sports karma box.

We will barely score against Michigan & they will run the ball down our throats.
That is expected. What will lose the fans is that Fleck will come into the game with the only plan being to keep MI under 30 points to make the loss more acceptable. We should be way, way this stage of team development now.

The floor drops out - i am concerned that with this schedule the season goes off the rails and PJ after 8 years is at the bottom looking up - que Ben Johnson - thanks Mark Coyle

We are going to be mauled defensively. This defense at the end of last year was Wacker like.

Last night we gave up 31 to Iowa, and they could have scored more if not up so big in the second half.

Our front was blown out, and our linebackers are trash. This was the same as last year.

Iowa ran all over the gophers, and I can't tell you how many times we made a shoe string tackle to keep another massive run from happening. The holes were massive.

There is no hope I'm afraid.

Our offense won't be able to keep up with the defensive carnage. It is what it is.

What will happen you ask?
Nothing.
The coaching staff will continue to fail to make in game adjustments… simply because they’re just not ready to be BigTen level coordinators/coaches.
Fleck will continue to make excuses for, well everything.
Coyle will continue to try and fly under the radar as best he can and milk his job for all the income that’s possible. Let’s face it, he’s a mediocre athletic director that IMO would have already been fired if he were in a real job.
Last: Gophers will lose some talent to other teams after the season as they won’t be able to compete in the NIL derby, and others will move on after tiring of Fleck.
This the new BigTen, enjoy.

Nothing.
The coaching staff will continue to fail to make in game adjustments… simply because they’re just not ready to be BigTen level coordinators/coaches.
Coyle will continue to try and fly under the radar as best he can and milk his job for all the income that’s possible. Let’s face it, he’s a mediocre athletic director that IMO would have already been fired if he were in a real job.
Last: Gophers will lose some talent to other teams after the season as they won’t be able to compete in the NIL derby, and others will move on after tiring of Fleck.
You are correct.

Nothing.
I know all this is true, but I plan to ignore that you said it.

Nothing.
You nailed it with Coyle. Yet many continue to sing his praises.

We will barley score against USC and they will shit kick us
The only way we beat UCLA is if DT runs a lot. We probably lose
Maryland is our best chance to get a win
Our offense scores less than 11 points against IL and Rutgers
Fleck finally makes a change at OC
What say you?
I predicted 3-9. I'm sticking with that.

I think we beat Maryland, one of UCLA or Rutgers and pull off one upset, falling just short of a bowl game (unless our grades qualify us again). The loss wasn’t as disappointing as the way were totally dominated in the 3rd quarter and Brosmer’s bad throws behind receivers all game. We killed ourselves in this game. Yes, the refs were awful, but we killed ourselves. At some point the lack of execution is on coaches.

Top Bottom