What do you miss most about sports?

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
I think on this board the obvious answer is March Madness. There isn't a better tournament or week. Thursday/Friday are the two best days in sports.

I'm sitting at home, social quarantined, watching ESPN. I don't care about Tom Brady. But I do miss the updates on sports. The constant flow of it all.

No basketball is killing me a little day by day.

Yes, having no college basketball post-season tournaments is very bad.....but

I could get by watching the NBA....but...there is none....but

I could get by watching the XFL...but....there is none....but

I could get by watching MLB spring training (and I don't even like baseball much anymore)....but there is none

THE WORST THING IS NO SPORTS!!

except ultimate fight club (which I'm not watching under any circumstances). I did see a cricket match on the TV listings last night. I might have to become a fan.

Other than that, overdosing on old movies

Can I choose D: ALL OF THE ABOVE! Watching them, filling out brackets, talking about them with other people. Which the more I think about it might be the worst thing. What does one talk about all day when making conversation? Normally today is "well did team X get the shaft wit ha 4 seed? Should SDSU have been a 1?" Instead its the same "well do you have COVID? What is closed now?" Its a really sobering experience and i have ZERO idea how people live without sports. I'm 4 days in and bored barely begins to describe it.

This time of year is a glorious launch into spring: conference tournaments bleed into the NCAAs which bleeds into baseballs opening day which bleeds into the Masters. It’s like the light at the end of a long Minnesota winter.

Cancelling golf seems the most silly. 2 golfers and 2 caddies per acre of land and that's not enough social distancing?
Agree. No March Madness is the worst. But I thought the Masters could have gone on. That would have been great and probably one of the biggest spotting events ever.

I'm a big Boxing fan. Really miss a good fight on Saturday night. I hope this gets resolved soon, because Shango James is supposed to have a big fight coming up at the Mpls armory. If he wins that, he might be in line for a title bout.

Watched some Dodgeball world cup on ESPN last night. It was in Madison Square Gardens, poor lighting, guys throwing things at each other..

Kind of brings back the old days when ESPN had no money or programing and would broadcast all kinds of fringe sports...

I think on this board the obvious answer is March Madness. There isn't a better tournament or week. Thursday/Friday are the two best days in sports.

I'm sitting at home, social quarantined, watching ESPN. I don't care about Tom Brady. But I do miss the updates on sports. The constant flow of it all.
Ask this question in two months when it really begins to set in. Just like there was a post 9/11 US, there will be a post-coronavirus US, but it will be different.

I miss the escapism that sports offers. I mean it's a great escape- put a game on the tube, and for however long that lasts you can immerse yourself in that event while forgetting about your cares and forgetting about the greater world beyond if you want to. Sports allows one of the purest forms of escape, which presents the excruciating irony that *now*, when we could really, all of us, really, really, really, REALLY use an escape, we no longer have sports to turn to.

What a time...

Day 2 without sports: Found a young lady sitting on my couch yesterday. Apparently she's my wife. She seems nice.

Premier League Darts on BBC is interesting. Gotta think they are reruns or showing old matches now going forward. There's no way in hell they'd let a bunch of drunks in those big beer halls/venues to watch now.

I miss any game that Zion played in. The Pelicans have a very nice young team that is fun to watch.

Thankfully the networks have been airing old games. The recent ones really do nothing for me but Saturday I spent the entire day watching McNamara and Kemba Walker heroics.

By far the camaraderie. Group was all set for three days at the Big 10 tourney, Final of the ACC and then on to Augusta for our annual pilgrimage. Oh well, tons of reading to catch up on as that is another addiction of mine.

Easy, I miss thinking, digesting and stressing about stuff that's ultimately not important (sports). Ultimate diversion from our lives... Before COVID-19, we all had stress, but now its on another level and there is no diversion (or at least we need to find another one).

I miss the way the Barn would shake when it was loud. I miss Carr's crazy layups. I miss Pitino's wise cracks. I miss watching the MN United and hearing the Dark Clouds sing. I miss reading about DLoading and Beasley and how things might change for the Wolves. I miss everything about sports.. good and bad.

Easy, I miss thinking, digesting and stressing about stuff that's ultimately not important (sports). Ultimate diversion from our lives... Before COVID-19, we all had stress, but now its on another level and there is no diversion (or at least we need to find another one).

I miss the way the Barn would shake when it was loud. I miss Carr's crazy layups. I miss Pitino's wise cracks. I miss watching the MN United and hearing the Dark Clouds sing. I miss reading about DLoading and Beasley and how things might change for the Wolves. I miss everything about sports.. good and bad.

Love sports. Love the journey!

Go Gophers!!

As a Dark Cloud...I couldn't agree more with the MN United. Something special about standing there for 90 minutes and ignoring life while I chant and sing with 1000s.

Top Bottom