What do you hope to see out of the Gophers tonight?

50 rushing attempts, 300+ yards rushing and one glimpse of Edwards' speed.

All good stuff so far.

On my wishlist: A big play from B.Edwards (i.e. flash of brilliance).

I'll be watching on the BTN!

Me too. This is why we had to dump season tix. My boys have football practice from 6 - 7:30. We have the DVR fired up, and will probably come close to seeing the end of the game live.

As far as what I expect to see from the Gophers?
PAIN:

mr-t-o.gif

Jumping of to a 30+ point lead by the half. Then the 2nd/3rd string squads play the 2nd half.

Here's what I want to see from the Gophers. To borrow from Moby Dick:

He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it.

Just substitute Panthers for whale. I want the Gophers to go Captain Ahab on their asses.

Yeah, I'd sure hate to see us show our 10 yard sideline pattern and a post pattern. We want to catch the conference teams off guard with these unique plays.

Grading my hopes:

1. A win A+. We scored more points than them.
2. No injuries C+. Two injured defensive linemen (not sure on the severity). If they are less-severe injuries, this is a B grade.
3. A comfortable Leidner, no jitters, and well-thrown balls. C-. He was not terribly comfortable to start the game, but generally the play calling didn't showcase much. Hard to get a read other than he was not quite there.
4. Dominance from the offensive and defensive lines C. O-line didn't impress, but the defensive pressure and lack of credible passing game didn't help. Defensive line was solid if not memorable.
5. Competent kicking A. Any concerns I had were kicked out of the back of the endzone. Santoso is the real deal.

Dang, none of my wishes came true. :(

Overall I think they played well, sans first quarter jitters.

Top Bottom