What Bowl Game Are We Going To?

I like Bosie St's Chances

Beat Oregon at Oregon.

Just drilled #21 Fresno St.

The won a BCS game before.

I really don't think the Big Ten is worthy of two BCS teams.

Just drilled #21 Fresno St.

The won a BCS game before.

I really don't think the Big Ten is worthy of two BCS teams.

Ohio State gets in easily. Fresno State is NOT ranked.

They lost five games, despite that they had 6-8 very easy games. If Fresno State had gone 12-0 I would have said they deserved a shot. Not Boise State. They refused to play anyone. Boise State had ONE decent win.

If ONE BCS win is enough to get a into a BCS bowl, there is no reason to play in a BCS-conference at all.

Gophers vs. Kansas in the Insight Bowl

Palm Beach Post has Minnesota playing Clemson in the Champs at Orlando.

That is just fine with me, a 3 hour drive.

Makes for good TV, except Columbus is a better Market.

I don't care where we go, I won't be able to afford the $1200 creative charters will charge to make the trip.

Prices to PHX and Orlando won't be cheap.

Why doesn't the alumni association just set up a charter flight? I'm capable of getting my own car and hotel cheap. If they want people to go to these minor bowls (I've been to two), they should make it affordable.

Hard to imagine the Fiesta or Sugar passing on Ohio State to take Boise. I would say 80% chance it's OSU. Even if that doesn't happen there is a chance the Insight would take us over Wisconsin. Overall, I would put the odds at:

52% Insight Bowl
32% Champs Sports
16% Motor City

Bowls are about money. Ohio State is going to bring more fans to a BCS bowl than Boise St. which is the #1 criteria the bowl is looking for. An OSU vs. Texas Fiesta Bowl match up is more enticing to the average fan than a Texas vs. Boise St. match up.

Assuming that OSU ends up in a BCS bowl we probably move to the Champ's Sports bowl. Wisconsin has been in Central Florida for it's last 4 bowls including 05-06 in Orlando. They plan on passing up the Champ's Sports bowl to give their fans a new destination. ESPN has been all over this. http://myespn.go.com/blogs/bigten/0-2-796/Wisconsin-zeroes-in-on-Insight-Bowl.html?post=true

Assuming that OSU ends up in a BCS bowl we probably move to the Champ's Sports bowl. Wisconsin has been in Central Florida for it's last 4 bowls including 05-06 in Orlando. They plan on passing up the Champ's Sports bowl to give their fans a new destination. ESPN has been all over this. http://myespn.go.com/blogs/bigten/0-2-796/Wisconsin-zeroes-in-on-Insight-Bowl.html?post=true

I tend to agree with you, but the fact that the Insight bid for UW hasn't been announced makes me wonder (OK, hope) that the Alamo Bowl might still be in play for the Badgers. The ATO likes to get the bid solidified ASAP so that plans can be made. We would have a small group going to Tempe, but much larger groups for either SA or Orlando. Personally, I don't like Orlando, but we tend to spend our time in Tampa and only go to Orlando for gameday. With the possibility of watching two Big 10 teams (Champs and Cap One), we might stay more in Orlando or just catch the Outback in Tampa.

If we end up in Tempe, I'll be back asking for advice.

I think the reason why the Insight Bowl hasn't officially extended an invitation to Wisconsin is because, contractually, they can't. If Ohio State were released from BCS consideration, then the Capital One Bowl could begin the whole process.

Both cbssportsline AND espn have the Gophers going to the Insight Bowl to face Kansas. I think it is the best matchup for us as Kansas' defense gives up a lot of points. Just like two years ago, I think it would be a great draw for the Gophers. I live in Phoenix and was there and so were a lot of Gopher fans from S. California. I don't see Wisconsin passing on the opportunity to go to Florida again.

Badgers to Tempe, Gophers to Orlando

Both cbssportsline AND espn have the Gophers going to the Insight Bowl to face Kansas. I think it is the best matchup for us as Kansas' defense gives up a lot of points. Just like two years ago, I think it would be a great draw for the Gophers. I live in Phoenix and was there and so were a lot of Gopher fans from S. California. I don't see Wisconsin passing on the opportunity to go to Florida again.

I think you are crazy. Why do you think Wisconsin would choose to go to Florida for the fifth consecutive year?

The ESPN Big Ten Blogger said he talked to Alvarez and as soon as Wisconsin beat Minnesota they started discussions with one bowl that they were most interested in. He has also written an article saying Wisconsin is targeting the Insight Bowl and he has posted reports from Madison newspapers indicating the Badgers want to go to Tempe.

The ESPN prediction you are looking at is just looking at the Big Ten order of finish and has no insight to what is actually happening with the AD's and the bowls.

I'm sorry that is not going to be as convenient for you because if I was in your position I would be hoping the same thing you are.

Top Bottom