What are you expecting to see tomorrow night?

sidefx182

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we all expect a win, but what are you expecting out of the team?

I'm expecting to see the new guys shine. They have been talked up all off season and the time is here to show what they have.

On a side note, does anyone else think Andre Hollins looks like AP's little brother?

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Recruit/57/5185.jpg

Granted it is exhibition, I am curious to see how much they press and run. Wondering if "Tubbyball" starts tomorrow.

For starters I'm expecting to see a Big Ten sub and a couple Hazed and Infused cold one's before the game.

As for the game itself, I'm expecting to see at least 3 ferocious dunks from Mbakwe and a couple highlight reel dunks from Rodney....as well as a 40 point blowout like Burton suggests.

Most importantly I'm looking forward to seeing what we can expect from the news guys. Hoping Andre and Coleman can live up to the hype I have been hearing all summer. Also hoping to see Oto hit some outside shots.

As the season begins, I'm expecting to see a team that has a little trouble scoring from outside. However, I think they will dominate the boards. Hopefully everybody has a chance to play.

For myself, I am hoping to see Oto and Halverson shine. If they can help this team it will be nice to have these two big 6'-8" guys off the bench.

As the season begins, I'm expecting to see a team that has a little trouble scoring from outside. However, I think they will dominate the boards. Hopefully everybody has a chance to play.

For myself, I am hoping to see Oto and Halverson shine. If they can help this team it will be nice to have these two big 6'-8" guys off the bench.

Same here. I really liked how they were going after each other during the Madness. Halverson is very good defensively.

Go Gophers

Not so much what i'm expecting to see, as what i'm watching for...

1. Outside shooting. I want to see how good it is, especially in tight defense.
2. Transition ball-handling. Who handles the rock?
3. Rebounding, specifically the guards. We know Trevor gets his boards, but how effective will the guards be at rebounding.

Not so much what i'm expecting to see, as what i'm watching for...

1. Outside shooting. I want to see how good it is, especially in tight defense.
2. Transition ball-handling. Who handles the rock?
3. Rebounding, specifically the guards. We know Trevor gets his boards, but how effective will the guards be at rebounding.

Summed up very well. I want to see #2 and if andre/julian take control of the flow of the offense (from transition to set up).

I'm hoping for a 30+ point margin of victory. We've struggled blowing out teams in the past, but that's what we need to do in these early games.

I am hoping to see Kris Humphries there to support his team and Kim to come into Williams in a dramatic move for reconciliation.

And a Gophers win

I'm not really worried about margin of victory as much in an exhibition. I just hope they dominate inside and shoot the ball well. If those things happen, it's likely we will see a beating, but in any event, just hope they get out of it healthy and get some things ironed out against a different opponent than themselves.

Hope to see a team that fast breaks; guys who can shoot the ball; a couple of potential point guards; and a pressing defense at times. Can't believe I'm really anxious to go to an exhibition game. Hope springs eternal.

Thought this would be the best thread to put this is: Per BTN.com the game will be shown at noon on Wednesday on the BigTen Network. Also, I believe you can watch the game live on BTN.com.

I expect to see the Gophers dominate with their athleticism and size. I HOPE to see several players who show more skill than we had last year: better outside shooting, better ballhandling, and better playmaking.

Thought this would be the best thread to put this is: Per BTN.com the game will be shown at noon on Wednesday on the BigTen Network. Also, I believe you can watch the game live on BTN.com.

I expect to see the Gophers dominate with their athleticism and size. I HOPE to see several players who show more skill than we had last year: better outside shooting, better ballhandling, and better playmaking.

Nice, glad it will be on TV. I'm assuming it will be a student run broadcast. Much like when Travis Busch did a game or two. Also, I will be bringing my laptop to the game so I will start a thread and give some updates for people who don't want to pay to watch it online.

Thanks.

Do you know if you have to pay for that?

Oto

Not directly answering the question, but what I'm most looking forward to is seeing Oto. Want to start to get an idea if he's any good. Certainly have heard a lot of good things about him and hope it translates to game situations & then to B1G competition.

Talking about half court grinding may not attract top 100 prospects. Neither would it excite the fan-base. But, it is necessary to retool and refine half court sets against cupcakes even if we don't get to blow them away. Unless we have a half court game that is effective against good teams, picking up tempo is not as meaningful. From this game on, we should try to demonstrate that the team execute in the half court. That is what I want to see.

Top Bottom