What are you drinking??

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Okay, not everyone drinks and truth be told, I typically have a cocktail about once every month or two but lately have been sampling a few different things. And what better time of year to talk about BOOZE than this week??

After miserably attempting for years to be a "scotch drinker", I dumped that altogether this year when I was in the liquor store after a family loss. Started going to whiskey/bourbon/rye and sampling a few different ones. Some of the ones I've found that I like;

Jeffersons Ocean (my favorite at the moment)
WhistlePig
Bib & Tucker

So whatdya got? What's your poison, particularly on this fine evening of laying 2020 to rest?

I made a Dark and Stormy last night. Trader Vic's Dark Rum, ginger beer and lime. Seemed appropriate for 2020.

Last night poured a double shot of Bulleit Rye then added a splash or two of Gosling's Dark Rum. Nice way to see out the old year and see in the new.

Okay, not everyone drinks and truth be told, I typically have a cocktail about once every month or two but lately have been sampling a few different things. And what better time of year to talk about BOOZE than this week??

After miserably attempting for years to be a "scotch drinker", I dumped that altogether this year when I was in the liquor store after a family loss. Started going to whiskey/bourbon/rye and sampling a few different ones. Some of the ones I've found that I like;

Jeffersons Ocean (my favorite at the moment)
WhistlePig
Bib & Tucker

So whatdya got? What's your poison, particularly on this fine evening of laying 2020 to rest?

I skipped last night, as on general purposes I don't drink New Years Eve -

Today I'm enjoying Sierra Nevada's limited edition Celebration beer - under 7% ABV which is a new guideline for me.

I did the Scotch experience too - hated it, but love me some good bourbon - yummies - so I followed my own advice an grabbed a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrell - well priced bourbon for the quality. Ironically, I first had it at RM Seafood at Mandalay Bay in Vegas when I went to see our Rodents fight off the pesky UNLV Rebels. - it was love at first swig. (y) (y)

Last edited:

I drink exclusively MN beer. NYE was from a Rochester brewery called Little Thistle. Good stuff!

Top Bottom