What an awesome day!

GoldInDirt

Section 243, Row 18
Reaction score
I just logged onto the computer tonight and can't believe how many complainers are on line. Are all the happy people having fun out on the town? Stop and smell the roses sometime, I did - literally.

We were sitting outdoors in an absolutely perfect day, in a fantastic stadium, playing the best non-conference team in a very long time, and we're tied with the #8 team in the middle of the four quarter and made a lot of mistakes. We could easily have won the game, but we didn't and I think Cal played better overall and deserved to win.

I had an awesome day. On the way home I called my wife and told her how happy I was not to be in the dome today. I told her that after our daughter woke up from our nap we should head outdoors again. So we had dinner on the roof at Joe's garage then walked around the rose garden at Lake Harriett and smelled the roses, literally. There were some other gopher fans in the rose garden - which is in peak condition this time of year.

Life is short. Have fun, smile, cheer. Stop and appreciate things like this perfect day for a football game and a very fun game overall. Today was a billion times more enjoyable then a crappy non-conference game in the dome.

I agree. Sports message boards are so dumb. I don't know why I come back to these sites.

Today was a very fun day. It was a lot fun to hang around campus this morning and head into a great stadium to watch an entertaining game.

I can understand getting all upset if we lost 50-7 but we played pretty well and made it very entertaining. If losing a tight game to a top ten team really upsets you, you probably shouldn't be a Minnesota football fan.

Top Bottom