what about MN coaches?

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
are there any coaches in the upper midwest, at smaller schools, that would be a good fit? i don't know anything about MN football (except the gophers).

Just throwing a name out there. I have thought about this for about 5 seconds before I post. Chris Meidt is an offensive name that is up and down the high school record books in this state. He was the head coach at St. Olaf before Jim Zorn called and asked him to be his assistant for the Washington Redskins. The more I think about it, it could be kind of interesting.

Defensively I am sure there is someone somewhere.

I think if we are looking at small MN schools Coach Ramler (i think that's how his name is spelled) the current Carleton College coach might be someone to look at. He was a former QB at St. John's and turned the Carleton football program around. They are usually a non-factor in the MIAC and this year they were 1 win away from a conf. championship. He uses the spread offense I think? If that is the type of offense Brew wants to stick with.

If it was a position coach, I could understand going with a HS or small college coach. For Coordinator positions, I think you need someone with at the very least major college position coach or coordinator experience, if not HC experience. You need someone who at least has a feel for the higher level of competition and speed of the game.

didn't Duluth win their division's national championship? would they have an interesting candidate?

Top Bottom