What about Joe Glenn?

TCF=UnitedWeStand

Reaction score
I posted this on another thread, but it's probably buried. He was fired by Wyoming after mediocre success over five years or so, but folks in Wyoming liked him a lot. It's a tough place to win, but he's viewed as a very good coach that many in WY thought would be there a long time (not necessarily aspirations to get out of there ASAP, having come from Montana beforehand where he won two national titles). Folks in WY think Christensen (new HC, former OC at Mizzou) will be out of there as soon as he gets a chance.

Anyway, this idea of being willing to stick around is applicable due to our seemingly revolving door for the Coordinator jobs.

Not sure if Glenn is an offensive guy or defensive guy (hopefully defense); if offensive, I'm not sure if he is a spread guy either.

Long story longer, hopefully he is a D-guy and thus I think would be a good target.

The only problem with Joe Glenn is that he might not be for the long haul. I bet he would take the first decent head coaching job he could get. Wasn't he the guy that also won a pair of DII National Championships at Northern Colorado before they moved to DI? The guy has four rings I think, he can coach.

You are correct; he was at Northern CO and did win a pair of titles there. Yeah, it would be a tough transition to being an Assistant, but he'd also be in the Big Ten. I just hope they at least check in with him to gauge interest.

Top Bottom