What a game, what a game, what a game!!!!

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Holy crap. Never thought I'd say this but well worth the 9-10 hours I spent on the road in one day, driving there and back.

Haven't got a chance to read hardly any posts so I'll offer a few thoughts:

> Comments on the lack of attendance were valid. One thing that really went against the event was the timing of it. BYU is playing as we speak in the Pioneer Las Vegas Bowl, which is likely where 80% of their fans are. One BYU fan I saw at the game made a comment that they should have been in a BCS bowl game. Try that one on for size.

I also thought the ticket prices were just too high. I would have loved to sit on the other side of the arena, where I believe the tickets were going for $175 or $200 or something, OH, but it included a prime rib carving buffet, all you can eat. Somehow not quite worth it. Those seats were a lot closer than mine though, which might have changed my mind if I had known what the setup was going to be like beforehand.

Loved sticking it to the arrogant Louisville fans at the game. They were pretty quiet, which was great.

Still hasn't quite sunk in yet. Like I said last week, is there ANYTHING better than watching your team win on the road (even though this was a neutral site)?

Huge, huge win. Loved seeing the youngsters show some mettle and stave off the Cards' pressure. Big character-building win.

Right now BYU is losing to Ari-freakin'-zona. What would Alabama do to them?

Ogee, did you chant "Overrated"? Or did you just go crazy when the horn sounded?

No chanting, just tried to enjoy the moment

Actually, the highlight of my day was the buddy I brought asking the Louisville fans behind us (couple young girls and a guy, likely students) how many Louisville fans actually think the capital of Kentucky is Louisville. Never seen such a confused look in my life.

This team is something else to watch. Seems like somebody else every night making a major contribution. Gotta love it.

Top Bottom