What 2 Teams Would You Like To See In The BCS Championship Game?

DL65

Reaction score
I look for Florida to beat Alabama and Oklahoma to defeat Missouri in their respective conference championship games. As a result, they'll play for the national championship in January, and I look for the Gators to win the national championship.

I know there is controversy that Texas is not representing the South Division of the Big 12, and in all likelihood the Longhorns being excluded from the national championship game.

However, the team that I would like to see play Florida, should the Gators win, would be the Trojans of Southern Cal. Tremendous match up, IMO, on both sides of the ball.

The Big 12 has the name quarterbacks and explosive offenses, but their defenses are suspect; given the number of points allowed by the conference's top contenders in their head-to-head meetings. Whereas, Florida and USC have great athletes on both sides and outstanding defenses. Defense win championships.

Go Gophers!!

USC-FL has been a game I've wanted to see since FL won the NC. Clash of Titans.

Oklahoma and Texas are probably the two best teams in college football.

National Title Game

I think it would be cool to see USC vs FLORIDA as well, USC will beat anybody in college football right now they always play lights out against highly ranked teams.

This is what I would like.

The Gophers vs. ______________.

In 2008 I would like to see this:

1. Alabama
8. Penn St

4. Florida
5. USC

3. Texas
6. Utah

2. Oklahoma
7. Texas Tech

In all seriousness, I think a combination of Texas, Florida, Oklahoma, and USC are the best 4 teams.

I agree with OU and Texas being the top 2 teams in the nation. If Florida & USC played the schedules these 2 teams played they would have more than one loss I believe. The Big 12 also has the best QB's & WR's in the nation as you will see in the upcoming NFL draft.

Division 1 obviously needs a play-off system where the games are played on the field and not on the computer and with polls.

Alabama will be the 1st team Florida will play that can match them on both lines and if the Tide doesn't have TO's I think it will be a close game. Tebow will have to play the best game he has played in college to beat the Tide because of the pressure Alabama will bring and the Tide can shut down the Gators run game.

USC vs. Florida is the Most Intrigues Matchup

These two teams are a great matchup of incredibly talented squads. I went to the Texas/Oklahoma game and I believe the Longhorns are a better team. Texas matches up very well with the Sooners defensively.

Almost everyone I talk to thinks Florida beats Alabama. I am not so sure that this game is a done deal.

I like Oklahoma over Florida in the National Championship. I think Oklahoma is the best team in the country with Texas right behind them.

I think a Oklahoma/Texas vs. USC would be fun to watch. It would be interesting to see the high powered offense vs. USC's defense. I don't care for Florida or USC however, and I think Texas and Oklahoma are the two best teams as well, but that game will never happen.

What if Oklahoma somehow loses to Missouri? What a mess that will be. Does Texas get in then?

BTW, Texas go screwed if you ask me. Texas Tech was pretty much eliminated from the Conference Championship discusion in the eyes of the voters, so head-to-head should be the final decision for each voter in deciding between Oklahoma and Texas. But for some reason they didn't vote that way.

There are five super teams (Alabama, Florida, USC, Texas and Oklahoma - so even a four-team playoff wouldn't do justice to them. I'm in the minority that thinks Alabama can beat Florida. Texas got screwed, no doubt about it.

Penn State is getting jobbed. The polls are garbage. The Rose Bowl is the true National Championship once again.

How do we know Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, Florida, Alabama and USC are so good?

Out-of-conference, the Big 12 South has NO WINS that suggests they should have had 4 teams in the Top 10 at one point this season. If you think the Big Ten should be embarassed for losing to LSU (at LSU) in the National Championship, take a look at Oklahoma. Good God. They may need to give the Sun Belt Conference an automatic bid so the Big 12 Champ can get a win in a BCS bowl game once in a while.

Alabama has not yet played the only other team the SEC that belongs in the Top 40. LSU and Georgia were exposed as mediocre.

Florida lost to Ole Miss at home! This is much worse than losing to Iowa at Iowa. They are playing well now .... but they still lost to OLE MISS AT HOME! A national championship for Florida should be out of the question. They also lost to Michigan in 2008 (at home) ... a Michigan team every SEC fan in the world claimed was "over-rated because the Big Ten is weak."

USC lost to Oregon State, who Penn State scored on at-will.

I'm still not convinced that the Rose Bowl isn't going to be played between the 1st and 2nd best team in the country. Florida has looked good. USC has looked better. Penn State is the 1-loss team with the least offensive loss, unless you buy into the Big 12 South hogwash.

We need a tourney so bad. It's embarassing to the sport that we don't have one. High schools have them, the pro's have them, but somehow it's just too much for college to deal with.

Top Bottom