West Bank Tailgating -- calling all those fans in lot C86!

How will you get from the parking lot to the stadium

• Total voters

gophergirl

Section 117, Row 13, C86 lot
Reaction score
Hi there -- I purchased the last pass for Lot C86 today. We're excited to tailgate next fall for all the home games!

Who else is in Lot C86?

I'm curious how everyone in this lot is planning to go to games? Are you walking, taking a city bus or grabbing a taxi for the jaunt over to the stadium?

I believe there is a shuttle bus taking people from the West Bank lots to TCF, and another shuttle running to the St. Paul Campus.

Bike it!

Just make sure you have a little something in that water bottle

The friends I tailgate with got a spot in C86 this week. I'm hoping to get a spot in C89 on Monday (if they open it up). Otherwise we plan on parking our car at the Holiday Inn ramp and just walk the block or so over to the lot to tailgate with everyone.

We'll walk or take the bus depending on the weather probably. The WB shuttle is about a .3-.4 mile walk away from C86 (it picks folks up by Carlson), but I would expect that the Campus Connector would still be running on Wash so we could always hop on that too if we were feeling lazy.

I'm right next door in C88. We will walk it when weather is nice and probably shuttle if it's not so nice. The walk from our lots to the stadium right through the heart of campus should be absolutely beautiful on a crisp fall day. It will be a pilgrimage to the capitol of Gopher Nation picking up people and excitement along the way.

I'm planning on walking (he says bravely while sitting on the couch) as I think a stroll through the campus will be a good prelude to the game; after the game is TBD (probably weather dependent). Not to wish the summer away, of course, but September 12th can't come soon enough.

86 in da house. I hope to see the lot full of great tailgaters like the Maroon lot at the dome.

I don't care if I have to crab walk to the game as I am just pumped for the new stadium.

What up 86 krew...I'll probably be walking. FreakyDeke had a good idea when we picked our seats - tailgate and then bar hop to campus.

Ditto

Lots C-88 and C-86 are going to be nice spots. Lots of options available for a good time both pre- and post-game.

Dagos will be the grilling item of choice for the Billd's...basically a glorified hot Italian sausage burger dressed with sauteed onions and peppers and whatever else you can get to stay under the bun. Yummmmmm

Looking forward to meeting all the 'Holers as the West Bank Brigades answer the call to duty...

Go Gophers!

Maroon Lot Tailgater and C88 Lot tailgater.
A couple of weeks back a few buddies of mine and myself started the day out at Preston's and then made the walk to the stadium....20 minutes tops. Perfect for a nice bar hop after/before the game and who wants to wait for a shuttle?

Hopefully, Holiday Inn and the bars around that area(7 corners) will also have a shuttle.

I see they opened up C89 today. I would expect that to fill up fairly quickly. I think we can make these three lots (C86, C88 and C89) the hot spot to be on game days. I can just imagine large groups of us packing up at about the same time and heading over to "The Bank" together. It should be a lot of fun and I am actually looking forward to the walk to the stadium.

c89 was just opened this morning. 50 more spaces. i pick at noon.

Whoop!

will we be allowed to setup on the lawn next to C88? i see there is a big fence around the softball fields...wonder if those will open.

that lawn looks really nice though.

will we be allowed to setup on the lawn next to C88? i see there is a big fence around the softball fields...wonder if those will open.

that lawn looks really nice though.

This is from the U's official tailgating policy:
Green space within a parking lot or within
15 feet of a parking lot may be used for tailgating by the participants assigned to that parking lot.

That was a big reason I picked C88. I am looking forward to hanging out on the grass instead of a chunk of asphalt.

Just make sure you have a little something in that water bottle

Get yourself a flask cage
SBB08054_SLV_FlaskCage_400a.jpg

West Bank

I'll be in W. Bank. Couple other friends got the last spots with me. The walk may get long, and I think the nearest shuttle bus stop is either Carlson or Coffman, so might be looking for the bar shuttle too!

How far is lot C89 from C86?

My seat buddies weren't able to get into lot C86 because it was sold out -- so they are parking in lot C89 and then tailgating with us in C86.

Anyone know how far away C89 is from our lot? Just wondering how far they'll have to drag their cooler...:eek:

They will have to drag their cooler about one block slightly uphill, gophergirl.

My seat buddies weren't able to get into lot C86 because it was sold out -- so they are parking in lot C89 and then tailgating with us in C86.

Anyone know how far away C89 is from our lot? Just wondering how far they'll have to drag their cooler...:eek:

It's less than 100 yards but it is slightly uphill from C89 to C86 (I've run on that street dozens of times). Unless you really like being in a larger group of people, I think C89 looks like a great lot. Plenty of trees and green space to take andvantage of. Plus you can walk about 20 yards and be on the Mississippi River.

I'm in C86 as well. Glad to see some fired up tailgaiters. I will probably use the shuttle unless my 6 year old is up for the walk. Can't wait.

It's less than 100 yards but it is slightly uphill from C89 to C86 (I've run on that street dozens of times). Unless you really like being in a larger group of people, I think C89 looks like a great lot. Plenty of trees and green space to take andvantage of. Plus you can walk about 20 yards and be on the Mississippi River.

Assuming that I can get a spot in C89 when I pick on Monday (prob not happening) my group was actually thinking of having the C86 guys come over to C89 for the reasons you mention. But with the good group that seems to be setting up in C86 I think we'll reconsider that.

C-86 here....it'll be walk/bar hop for us, especially if Blarney's maintains their game day drink special.

C89, C88, and C86 will be the hottest tailgating in Gopher Nation. Guaranteed.

Top Bottom