Were fans booing Gophers at half?

coolhandgopher

Reaction score
The announcer mentioned that the fans were letting the Gophers "hearing it a bit" as they headed into half; I couldn't distinguish it myself. I sure hope not-while they definitely let VaTech make a run at the end of the half, it was a solid first half for the team. Even if it was the last possession that they were booing (admittedly ugly), it's not the way to send the guys into the locker room, IMO.

Ya I couldn't hear it either. Who knows what was actually going on. Maybe when one of the guys at the game gets back he/she will tell us what that was about?

I was at the game, and there definitely was not any booing. Not really sure what they were talking about.

As FTB and DHTH said, definitely no booing. The crowd was great down the stretch.

Fun night, solid win and great perseverance by the team.

Go Gophers!!

I didn't hear any booing. But then I didn't see Mike Max.

I was watching on the tube. Wasn't expecting much, but a great/fun game to watch.

Loved the tempo and energy.

didn't hear any booing as the team left. My section was all abuzz in anticipation of Quick Change being the half-time entertainment. that never gets old

No booing whatsoever.

There was no booing, but that last play - where Tubby called a TO with 30 seconds left was the worst offensive set all night. That fact certainly had folks grumbling about the lack of ability to draw up and/or execute something that gets us a good shot before the buzzer. Tubby had a good night coaching but that was one moment he and the crowd were not happy about. Tubby sat on his chair for an extra moment after that one so he certainly did not see whatever he asked for in the TO.

I was at the game, 5th row behind announcers. There were people around me (myself included) that were "letting the gophers hear it a little bit."

It's because, if you remember, Tubby took a timeout with 30 seconds left in the half to draw up a play. 1 posession. We spend 24 seconds dicking around, no play run whatsoever, and our best option ends up being a Mav 3ft beyond the arc airball 3?

Frustrated with Tubby's lack of a halfcourt offense, especially in these final possession situations.

There was no booing, but that last play - where Tubby called a TO with 30 seconds left was the worst offensive set all night. That fact certainly had folks grumbling about the lack of ability to draw up and/or execute something that gets us a good shot before the buzzer. Tubby had a good night coaching but that was one moment he and the crowd were not happy about. Tubby sat on his chair for an extra moment after that one so he certainly did not see whatever he asked for in the TO.

Yeah...that was on Maverick. Yuck.

Yeah...that was on Maverick. Yuck.

Exactly. My guess is that if Tubby had it to do over again he tells Mav on the way up the floor to hold the ball for one- then he calls the TO with 15 seconds left so that he can direct the play right from the inbounds pass. When there's 30 seconds left and a not so confident guard out there running the show- there's a good chance the play never gets run (too much time between the instruction and the play). And whatever it was- didn't.

The uneasiness/squirming and grumbling from the crowd was easy to sense at the end of the half, but I didn't hear any booing, at least not from the 2nd row of the upper deck.

bga1 said:
Exactly. My guess is that if Tubby had it to do over again he tells Mav on the way up the floor to hold the ball for one- then he calls the TO with 15 seconds left so that he can direct the play right from the inbounds pass. When there's 30 seconds left and a not so confident guard out there running the show- there's a good chance the play never gets run (too much time between the instruction and the play). And whatever it was- didn't.

Mav tweeted after the game about having a bad day, so yeah, he knew he screwed up.

Earlier yesterday, Doug gotlieb tweeted Trevor to remind Mav to start playing like he used to for his dads team (Mav used to be coached by Doug's father)

Top Bottom