Welcome Russell Athletic Bowl (formerly Champs Sports Bowl, among others)

Wasn't this the Micron PC Bowl at one time? We played NC St there right? To me it doesn't really matter what the game is called.

Thank God. More football and more delay of having to listen to people talk about worthless basketball games.

Wasn't this the Micron PC Bowl at one time? We played NC St there right? To me it doesn't really matter what the game is called.

I believe it was - that was another of Mase's collapses...up 21-0 and Koren Robinson/Frosh Phillip Rivers brought the Wolf Pack back. If we only more solid defenses during his tenure a Jan 1 bowl would have been sniped.

I believe it was - that was another of Mase's collapses...up 21-0 and Koren Robinson/Frosh Phillip Rivers brought the Wolf Pack back. If we only more solid defenses during his tenure a Jan 1 bowl would have been sniped.

What I remember most about that game was how exhausted Tellis Redmon looked in the 4th quarter. Mase didn't like to substitute too much. I can understand why, but at least in non critical points in the game we should have put in a few back ups here and there. Slam the offense's gas pedal to the floor and hope you either don't run out of gas or the other guy doesn't have a faster car.

No, these games are held in Orlando, the MicronPc.com Bowl was in Miami. Never the less, a terrible bowl that we couldn't hold onto for lack of defense.

No, these games are held in Orlando, the MicronPc.com Bowl was in Miami. Never the less, a terrible bowl that we couldn't hold onto for lack of defense.

It's the same game - in addition to changing names every few years, it also moved. In fact, our appearance was the last game held in Miami before it moved to Orlando under the "Tangerine Bowl" name.

Jike Spingleton said:
It's the same game - in addition to changing names every few years, it also moved. In fact, our appearance was the last game held in Miami before it moved to Orlando under the "Tangerine Bowl" name.

Yes. Operated by the same guys that run the Citrus Bowl in the same venue in Orlando, which is why they were able to use the name Tangerine Bowl (original name of citrus bowl).

Top Bottom