weiss staying at ND

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
AD jack swarbrick says he and weiss have a "shared vision" whatever that means. meanwhile there is already talk about double standards for weiss and willingham
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/notredame/chi-04-morrissey-notre-dame-footdec04,0,5631734.column
i am not one to throw around racism whenever there is a perceived slight against an black person, but i am starting to wonder in this case.

also, for those of you who hate the strib i can say that the strib has MUCH better sports reporting--at least in the college sports. it must be that the industry is dying, but the sports section is shrinking--there are more pages in the strib sports section daily than the tribune sports section. i remember the strib always had the top stories from not only the big ten but around the country on a sunday following game days. this season the only notice minnesota got in the tribune was a story about brew turning the gophers around before the northwestern game which only ran because they were playing northwestern. other than the box scores the closest thing to a recap of the gopher game (when the gophers were not playing an area team) was when the gophers had beat purdue there was a three sentence blurb. today's sports page had 6 pages with over 50% of the story space devoted to ND.

To me shared vision must mean achieving mediocrity with superior talent.

Hope the turmoil at Notre Dame continues through next fall, as that is likely the time that Seantrell Henderson will be making a college choice. Chaos at ND can only help our cause.

I think the breakdown at Washington gave ND's quick ousting of Ty Willingham some credability with the public.

Beyond that, everyone who follows football already knows: Notre Dame is just not what it used to be (even as recently as 2004). The difference is that nowadays no one expects a whole lot more out of them.

If it were not for the trainwreck factor no one would have paid any attention to ND in the last 15 years. They have been entertaining only because they have been consistently over-rated and over-hyped for a decade-and-a-half.

Two things that remain true...

Soccer: the perennial sport of the next generation. It looses it's appeal with kids when juice boxes do.
Notre Dame: The perennial team of destiny every year, who's destiny turns out to be massive underachievement with what are called "Top Five" recruiting classes every year.
Hell, as far as I'm concerned give Weiss a lifetime contract. The more they lose, the more happy I will be.

This is French

For the AD didn't have a plan, or the dough. Swarbrick is the problem. His indeference dooms the program. How can they share a vision? Its pretty apparent Weiss is a fraud. The subway alumni may be wanting a new AD after this.

Top Bottom