Weekly Poll: Can the gophers beat the spartans this saturday?

Who is going to win this weekend's game?

• Minnesota Golden Gophers

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Michigan State Spartans

Votes: 36 76.6%

• Total voters

The Gophers would need a perfect game, turnovers on D, big plays on O and MSU overlooking this week. Anything can happen in college football. But a road game at MSU is a lot to ask this year.

Need a man to put his helmet into Cousins sternum. Send KC to the sidelines, then maybe.

You ask two very different questions. In the title, you ask if the Gophers can in. I'd answer yes to that. But in the poll, you ask who will win. Very different. I don't think that a Gophers victory would threaten all reality as we know it, but I don't think it is very likely. If the Spartan players are taking the game as lightly as the Spartan fans are, the Gophers may be able to strike early.

You ask two very different questions. In the title, you ask if the Gophers can in. I'd answer yes to that. But in the poll, you ask who will win. Very different. I don't think that a Gophers victory would threaten all reality as we know it, but I don't think it is very likely. If the Spartan players are taking the game as lightly as the Spartan fans are, the Gophers may be able to strike early.

Yeah, whenever you say "can", I say "yes", no matter what. Then you put "who will win" in the poll.....and I still put the Gophers hahaha.

In all honesty though, compete, having the 2nd half matter at all would be nice.

At home, they might have a slim chance. On the road, probably not. A lot of things would have to go our way, and MSU would have to really be looking past us (which certainly is a possibility).

I'll still be watching, heart full of hope for at least the first few minutes. The spirit of Lloyd Christmas lives on in Minnesota.

Obviously, our improbable victory over Iowa has ordained that we'll run the table and make the Pizza Bowl.

Obviously, our improbable victory over Iowa has ordained that we'll run the table and make the Pizza Bowl.

I am on board with that.

MSU 27 Gophers 28

Wisky 23 Gophers 24

Northwestern 30 Gophers 31

Illinois 13 Gophers 14

Pizza Bowl

Northern Illinois 43 Gophers 44

What a year.

Top Bottom