Week 4 Big Ten Power Rankings Thread

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Buckeyes Wire first out of the gate:

10. Minnesota

OK. Minnesota looked awfully good last week at Colorado, but what a difference a week makes. The Gophers came back home and looked bad against some MACtion, losing to Bowling Green 14-10. Maybe it’s time to reset expectations in the Twin Cities. I dunno.

Go Gophers!!

Wolverines Wire chimes in:

12. Minnesota

What in the world, Minnesota? You followed up a 30-0 win at Colorado only to come back home and lose to the actual worst MAC team? Somehow, Bowling Green managed to win the game despite only passing for 170 yards and rushing for all of 22 yards. Tanner Morgan threw two interceptions while the ground game did continue to manage decent pickups by Treyson Potts.

But you cannot lose to the MAC, let alone the worst team in that conference, and expect to be a contender in the conference.

If the Gophers didn’t have a big nonconference win last week, they would deserve to be ranked lower. A trip to Purdue is up next.

Go Gophers!!

Land Grant Holy Land chimes in:

12) Minnesota (2-2) | 14-10 Loss to Bowling Green | Previously No. 10

Here’s the thing, Minnesota is going to continue to struggle all season, because the best player on their team is gone. When Mohamed Ibrahim got hurt against the Buckeyes, their entire season changed in an instant. I joked on Twitter that OSU’s win over the Gophers won’t be a quality win any more, but that doesn’t really matter.

Could it come down to something as minute as that, should the Buckeyes get back in the College Football Playoff race? Perhaps, but it’s Week 4, Minnesota is going to lose more, and OSU has a long way to go to reenter that discussion.

Besides, I don’t have the energy, nor the inclination to worry about that now.

Go Gophers!!

Ohio state
Iowa
Penn state
Michigan

big gap

Michigan State
Maryland
rutgers
Wisconsin
Purdue
Minnesota
Indiana

small gap

Illinois
Nebraska
northwestern

I honestly don’t think anyone in the bottom 10 beats the top 4.

I will be surprised if bottom 3 combine to win more than 2-3 games all year against top 11.

The middle 7 could all beat each other or lose to each other on a given day. They’re all mediocre.

Wolverines Wire chimes in:

12. Minnesota

What in the world, Minnesota? You followed up a 30-0 win at Colorado only to come back home and lose to the actual worst MAC team? Somehow, Bowling Green managed to win the game despite only passing for 170 yards and rushing for all of 22 yards. Tanner Morgan threw two interceptions while the ground game did continue to manage decent pickups by Treyson Potts.

But you cannot lose to the MAC, let alone the worst team in that conference, and expect to be a contender in the conference.

If the Gophers didn’t have a big nonconference win last week, they would deserve to be ranked lower. A trip to Purdue is up next.

Go Gophers!!
So the Gophs have allowed a total of 3 yards positive in the last 2 games (22 this game and negative 19 last game) and are 1-1.

Normally that screams of winning by a combined 122-3 or something like that for the 2 games.

Top Bottom