Week 12 Bowl Projections

BleedGopher

Reaction score
CBS first out of the gate, sending the Gophers to the always coveted December 16 Independence Bowl in Shreveport:

Dec. 16Independenceteam logo
Iowa State
vs.
team logo
Minnesota+
Big 12 vs. Pac-129:15 p.m.Shreveport, La.

Go Gophers!!

Iowa state would be a boring opponent
As woudl Miami of Ohio

Learn the game. Gophers bowling even without a win

My line is rhetorical as in you can have enough pride to not accept the Woolworth Bowl - or just a dig from me at Gophers state of affairs.

The ideal scenario would be to knock Wisconsin out of a bowl that could happen if Wisconsin doesn't beat Nebraska. What a change of affairs for Badgers if "the new TCU destined for championship game" didn't even make a bowl.

Game of the year is Wisconsin-Nebraska.

And no Minnesota should not accept Canada Baseball Field Embarrass Bowl.

Learn the game. Gophers bowling even without a win
No we are not. Look at the 4-6 and 5-5 teams and who they play.

We actually do not make a bowl at 5-7 unless some crazy upsets happen.

Right. My line is rhetorical as in you can have enough pride to not accept the Woolworth Bowl - or just a dig from me at Gophers state of affairs.

The ideal scenario would be to knock Wisconsin out of a bowl that could happen if Wisconsin doesn't beat Nebraska. What a change of affairs for Badgers if "the new TCU destined for championship game" didn't even make a bowl.

And no Minnesota should not go to the Canada Baseball Field Embarrass Bowl.
Well this is a bowl projections thread. Not a what you think should happen thread.

I thought you were saying what you thought would happen. Not what you thought should happen. My mistake

My line is rhetorical as in you can have enough pride to not accept the Woolworth Bowl - or just a dig from me at Gophers state of affairs.

And no Minnesota should not accept Canada Baseball Field Embarrass Bowl.
Even if it sucks for fans, the Gophers should play in a crappy bowl game. The practices and culture building for the young guys is HUGE.

ESPN chimes in:

TransPerfect Music City Bowl
Nissan Stadium (Nashville, Tennessee)
2 p.m., ABC and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Rutgers vs. Tennessee
Schlabach: Minnesota vs. Auburn

Go Gophers!!

I have a crazy question about a crazy scenario:

what if every single West team other than Purdue and Iowa gets to 6-6?

We know will be in a bowl: Mich, OSU, Penn St, Maryland, Rutgers, Iowa

Now add in five more West teams at 6-6. That's eleven teams. I know the Big Ten doesn't have that many bowl tie-ins ....

I'm guessing some weird bowl that normally never gets a Big Ten team would leap at the opportunity. But still, amazing that it's even on the table.

Top Bottom