Week 1 Nekton of Week Winners: Quinn Carroll, Kyler Baugh and Chris Collins

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U:

University of Minnesota football coach P.J. Fleck announced the team's first Nektons of the Week today. The Gophers just completed their first week of offseason workouts and Quinn Carroll (offensive), Kyler Baugh (defensive) and Chris Collins (newcomer) received the weekly honors.

Carroll started all 13 games last season at right tackle and blocked for an offense that rushed for 2,698 yards and 33 touchdowns and one that passed for 2,369 yards and 12 touchdowns. The Edina, Minn., native was in his first season with the Gophers last year and has two seasons of eligibility left.

Baugh started all 13 games on the defensive line and made 36 tackles (13 solo) and had 1.5 sacks, one tackle for loss and one pass breakup. He was in his first season with Minnesota spending three seasons at Houston Baptist. He has one year of eligibility left with Minnesota.

Collins joined the Gophers in January after spending 2018-222 at North Carolina. He played in 46 games at North Carolina and made 68 tackles (33 solo), 12 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks, forced one fumble and broke up one pass.

Go Gophers!!

Am I the only one who thought Baugh was done after last year? Tough to keep track without reading the roster turnover thread carefully, but I'm pleasantly surprised 😂

I'm very happy that Quinn is working hard to improve to get stronger.

Top Bottom