Wedley Estime is still listed as Gopher commit on Rivals.

hungan1

Reaction score
Is he really gone to VT?

His high school position coach is quoted as saying if he gets an offer this weekend, he'll take it. We'll have to wait and see.

I just went on the Hokies Rivals sight to see if there message boards mentioned him at all and all I saw was his teammate Luther Maddy so maybe hes just along for the ride and hoping that Beamer will offer him along with his teammate. I wouldn't be surprised if he was still a gopher because they decided they had enough DEs already. I would also not be surprised if a lot of things fall through and Luther Maddy is still available if we extended an offer and he took it just because of all the Delray players we have up her already.

They already have 4 DE's coming in and 3 of 4 are higher rated than him...idk bout this one

I'm guessing VT is waiting on a few other commits before offering Maddy, and Estime is probably waiting on Maddy receiving an offer from VT. I'm also guessing that if Maddy doesn't go to VT, Estime won't either. All speculation of course.

They already have 4 DE's coming in and 3 of 4 are higher rated than him...idk bout this one
Keep in mind not all of those ends may necessarily stay at end. High school DEs are routinely moved to undertackle or even outside linebacker, and Virginia Tech uses a heavy line rotation.

Rumor is Estime got an offer from VT.
Maddy didn't though.

Tweets from Kyle Tucker:

"Latest on VT's 2 visitors from Atlantic (Fla.) High: DE Wedley Estime got an offer while here. DT Luther Maddy hasn't gotten one yet."

"Atlantic's D-line coach said Estime did not commit while here but both players "loved it." Said VT will let Maddy know about offer by Tues."

"Atlantic DL coach said #Hokies love Maddy's size and film (which you can find on YouTube). VT just in a number crunch with scholarships."

http://twitter.com/#!/kyletuckerVP

Maddy didn't though.

Tweets from Kyle Tucker:

"Latest on VT's 2 visitors from Atlantic (Fla.) High: DE Wedley Estime got an offer while here. DT Luther Maddy hasn't gotten one yet."

"Atlantic's D-line coach said Estime did not commit while here but both players "loved it." Said VT will let Maddy know about offer by Tues."

"Atlantic DL coach said #Hokies love Maddy's size and film (which you can find on YouTube). VT just in a number crunch with scholarships."

http://twitter.com/#!/kyletuckerVP

Estime is pretty much gone....oh well. Once improvements are made on the field with Kill things will get easier on the recruiting gridiron.

Estime is pretty much gone....oh well. Once improvements are made on the field with Kill things will get easier on the recruiting gridiron.
IDK, if he was so blown away by VT he probably would have switched already.

Looks while we got Hokie-pokied.

I don't understand why they offer to the person who wasn't originally coming but the guy who was expected to get an offer doesn't. We should definitely offer to Maddy maybe Wedley will be convinced to stick with us

I'm guessing we won't know until signing day with Estime. I hope we can keep his commitment, but I'd rather have a guy be 100% sure he wants to be here before he puts pen to paper on the LOI. He appears to be a top-drawer athlete who could contribute as a DE or OLB and those guys are always nice to have around.

Top Bottom