Weber

upchurch

Reaction score
I don't see any threads about Weber. The best pass thrown today was by Decker. Weber is too slow moving around in the pocket. He throws 3 pics. He is starting every drive this year by being way off target. Gray never gets a chance to throw a pass because Brew is in love with Weber. Why is nothing negative ever written about Weber. Yes, he's a nice, tough kid but he's not the best QB on the roster.

I don't see any threads about Weber. The best pass thrown today was by Decker. Weber is too slow moving around in the pocket. He throws 3 pics. He is starting every drive this year by being way off target. Gray never gets a chance to throw a pass because Brew is in love with Weber. Why is nothing negative ever written about Weber. Yes, he's a nice, tough kid but he's not the best QB on the roster.

Why is nothing negative ever written about Weber? Have you actually ever been on this website before? I don't think you have....

You must have a lot of people on ignore if you miss all the crap tossed at Weber. :rolleyes:

I agree Weber is not a big time QB. He has records etc. but for a 3 yr starter, too many mistakes. He gets outside the box and doesn't throw it away, he is in the grasp and either doesn't take the sack or throw it away. He eyeballs almost every throw, and cannot check down his routes. I have continously defended him, but it is becoming obvioushe cannot do it. The protection is not great, but if he would throw on time it would not be as bad as it looks. I'm afraid we are stuck with Weber and his faults and make the best of it. Everybody wants Grey, but a Fr. is not ready for the BT.

I agree Weber is not a big time QB. He has records etc. but for a 3 yr starter, too many mistakes. He gets outside the box and doesn't throw it away, he is in the grasp and either doesn't take the sack or throw it away. He eyeballs almost every throw, and cannot check down his routes. I have continously defended him, but it is becoming obvioushe cannot do it. The protection is not great, but if he would throw on time it would not be as bad as it looks. I'm afraid we are stuck with Weber and his faults and make the best of it. Everybody wants Grey, but a Fr. is not ready for the BT.

Um, this is a valid critique most days. But he checked down a lot today.

Weber - Run!

It would be nice if he took off and ran every once in a while. It is hard to tell watching on tv, but we need to keep the defense honest with a QB run sometimes.

Also, Weber tends to flush out of the pocket to the right a little early....a couple of times he should have stepped up.

Weber looks great when he has time....terrible when he is rushed.

Weber really sucks...compared to the mythical perfect QB. I wish we had that guy.

Seriously people, unless you're in practice and in meetings everyday, you have no idea if Gray is ready or not. Gray may have more talent, but how do you know he is the better choice right now? I guess I will trust the coaches who are with them everyday.

I actually thought Weber played pretty well today considering he was running for his life every other play. He made one realy mistake IMO and that was throwing it into coverage for his first INT. The other 2 INT's were meaningless. When he got time today, he made the throw. However, that never happened on a consistent basis. Also hurts playing with a crappy running game.

unbelieavable

Weber is a solid QB and one of the best to play here. Two offenses in three years, a O-line that cannot protect him, no running game, yet he is on top of the record books. Gray looks like he may be the future and maybe there is a recruit out there who will come in. No matter who shows up when Weber leaves, if there is no running game or an O-line to protect, the guy will appear to be a poor QB. You can't perform running all over the place but he is good even doing that. If we protect him and get some yards on the ground, he will put up some huge numbers and will win the game.

Well..since we are 2-1 and competed well against a highly ranked Cal team..I think the coaches are not listing "yanking Weber" as high on their list as some of us. Now, if the season goes south or we start to lose too many close games with costly QB mistakes..perhaps we may see Gray a little more. Too early to gamble and jeopardize the season. I'm guessing replacing Weber would create some uneccessary tension in our lockerroom. Way too early to think about it.. IMO

You could criticize Weber after the Syracuse game - but certainly not today. With the help of Decker, Weber was a one-man team leading the Gophers back against an outstanding team.

I challenge any QB in the country to did what he did today despite no running game and limited (being polite) pass protection.

The average fan just has no idea how difficult he had it yesterday.

You could criticize Weber after the Syracuse game - but certainly not today. With the help of Decker, Weber was a one-man team leading the Gophers back against an outstanding team.

I challenge any QB in the country to did what he did today despite no running game and limited (being polite) pass protection.

The average fan just has no idea how difficult he had it yesterday.

I agree. Give him some time to throw and he's a pretty darn good QB. If we stop Cal on 3rd and a mile this is a different game. Nobody expected us to beat Cal, but I now think it's fair that we'll be favored against NW, wis, and Purdue. 3-0 to start Big Ten play will match our total of wins from last year in the conference. I like the direction of this program. Here's to proving we are better than last year and NOT laying an egg next week like we would in years past. :drink:

Top Bottom