Weber talks about freshman QB Gray

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Weber talks about freshman QB Gray

Gophers starting quarterback Adam Weber talked after the first spring practice Tuesday about how much the team is counting on his freshman backup, MarQueis Gray, to develop quickly.

"He knows there's a lot of expectations for him," Weber said. "MarQueis has all the talent in the world. It's just a matter of him grasping this offense and grasping his abilities, and really taking control. He's got all the tools. And this spring ball will be really crucial for him to take the next step."

Gray, a 6-foot-4, 215-pound Indianapolis native, will take snaps under center on the first team offense during contact drills because Weber is limited after having offseason shoulder surgery on his non-throwing arm.

Weber talked about his health after the first day.

"It's kind of been tough, because I haven't been throwing a football or lifting weights," he said. "This is my first time kind of going out there and running around since the bowl game. My throwing mechanics are off a little bit, just the timing and everything. But my shoulder feels good."

-- Brewster said his son Clint decided not to play football for Middle Tennessee State and reopened his recruitment. The younger Brewster, a former Gophers quarterback, played last season at the College of Sequoais in California.

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom