Weber mentioned on PA

mnsports1

Reaction score
Draftnasty.com has Weber rated the 10th best QB with a 4th round grade. Points for-yardage, tough guy, can make the throws. Points against- completion %

I almost feel they should have a couple of other separate stats for Weber. Stats With and without Decker and stats comparable with each individual OC.

Personally would not mind the Vikes using one of the late round picks on him if he is still there and then placing him on the PS.

Personally would not mind the Vikes using one of the late round picks on him if he is still there and then placing him on the PS.

I would agree with you here. Be nice to see him on the Vikes next year, especially if they use a late rounder on him.

I've seen a few evals that have him as a 7th round to priority FA. Most have him in the Top 20 of QBs, with one having him at #14.

I almost feel they should have a couple of other separate stats for Weber. Stats With and without Decker and stats comparable with each individual OC.

Gives a renewed appreciation for how good the Mason recruits were!:D

I'm thrilled for Adam Weber, and hope he gets drafted in the middle rounds. After the past 4 years, he deserves some good things to happen to him, for his loyalty, his leadership, his effort, and for the way he represented the U...all in the face of adversity on the field, on these boards, and among many so-called 'fans.'

Horrible move ala Nate Triplett, the Vikes have many more needs than last year and can't afford to draft a guy for goodwill. If he goes undrafted I'd take a look at putting him on the PS like Sean Glennon.
Gives a renewed appreciation for how good the Mason recruits were!:D

I'm thrilled for Adam Weber, and hope he gets drafted in the middle rounds. After the past 4 years, he deserves some good things to happen to him, for his loyalty, his leadership, his effort, and for the way he represented the U...all in the face of adversity on the field, on these boards, and among many so-called 'fans.'
He can continue to play football by going the 3rd string route or the UFL/Arena route. I wouldn't feel too bad as he will be able to use his name and alumni connections to get a nice business job.

I would think if the NFL doesn't work out for Weber that the Canadian Football League would be a realistic option (if he wants to).

I think Weber will get a look. I will be shocked if he gets drafted that high.
I will be surprised if he makes something more than a practice squad.

He has some good measureables. He has decent stats. He never really had "it."

I think Weber has a future in the CFL if he doesn't make the NFL. Strong arm, runs ok and he is tough as hell (CFL quarterbacks are always hurt because they get hit alot). Admittedly throws questionable passes but so does the rest of the CFL.

I'd love to see him in Winnipeg. He could live in my basement (only partly joking, CFL players get paid very little unless they make a name for themselves).

from some with knowledge, Weber's been working some with Marc Trestman, who was his dad's college freind at the U. Bears and Vikings have shown most interest.
My opinion:CFL with Trestman connection would seem like a good alternative path with some NFL development potential.

He's a great guy and I hope something works out for him. IMO he might be better off being undrafted - you get your choice of teams to try out for, can find the best situation, and usually get a solid look. I haven't watched CFL since ESPN carried it in the '90's, but it seems like you'd need a more accurate arm than what he has...

As tough as he is, maybe he should play Austrailian rules football! :)

Top Bottom