Weather vs Iowa

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Our temperatures will tank later today, and we'll likely see accumulating snow in the Twin Cities tomorrow afternoon, but the weather on Friday night doesn't look too bad.

Warmer air will work its way back into the area on Friday, with dry condition expected. A game time temperature of 34 should hold steady with a 10 mph SE wind.

Our temperatures will tank later today, and we'll likely see accumulating snow in the Twin Cities tomorrow afternoon, but the weather on Friday night doesn't look too bad.

Warmer air will work its way back into the area on Friday, with dry condition expected. A game time temperature of 34 should hold steady with a 10 mph SE wind.
just give me dry weather so we can throw the ball. I think if we can stay balanced, Iowa can be scored on. Although I love our run game, becoming one dimensional versus Iowa would not bode well

Unless we're pounding it up their a__. That would bode well.

Should temperatures dip more, the classic "Coyles" will once again be heating up!

Who Hates Iowa? 35 South, 35 South, 35 South, 35 South!

Should temperatures dip more, the classic "Coyles" will once again be heating up!
They were removed when the Vikings left. Dumb decision, but nothing we can do now.

Has this been confirmed? I heard they put them at Mariucci and then converted them into cooling coyles
I’m not sure about the Mariucci part, but the Coyles being removed from TCF was confirmed right here on GH.

I’m not sure about the Mariucci part, but the Coyles being removed from TCF was confirmed right here on GH.
The field heating system was mentioned by Charley Walters in his October 17 column regarding the upcoming November games.

While Brewster likes his Chili HOT, Fleck prefers it HOT when it is Chilly. Fairly certain the "Coyles" are being used for a team sized sauna at Fleck's Lake Minnetonka home. I also heard a rumor that the "Coyles" are being used to put huge holes into the Siberian landscape but further investigation needed on that one.

Last edited:

I mean, if you want to get serious here .... it was a plastic tube that carried hot water. It was packed into the gravel/sand foundation that goes under the turf.

Weird they spent the money to remove Coyles but I think everyone thought the Coyles would heat it up but I don't think they did as intended. Maybe the Vikings put them at US bank stadium?

Dang, I could have sworn I heard Ryan Burns say on his podcast recently that they were still there. Or maybe I heard him say they were gone and chose to ignore it.

Dang, I could have sworn I heard Ryan Burns say on his podcast recently that they were still there. Or maybe I heard him say they were gone and chose to ignore it.

You're gonna just up and believe 'the media' ?!?!?!?!?

Schrodinger's coils: they exist in a superposition of Ψ = 1/√2|there>+ 1/√2|not there> until someone goes and digs the field up.

I really hope we get at least one more warm weather game this year.

Top Bottom