Weather Thread for Season Opener

Thunderstorm during the day, and then a beautiful evening for football!

Still a ways out, but this is promising. What say you @GopherWeatherGuy?

It's a little early to tell yet, the 10 day Euro only goes through Thu morning right now. But overall the pattern looks good and the numbers you threw out look good for now. We'll get a better idea in a few days.

The weather is still looking good for next Thursday. Partly cloudy with a kickoff temp around 80 and low humidity. It may be a little breezy though with a south wind of 10-20 mph, with a few gusts up to 25.
Can’t seem to catch a break on wind. Last two home games weather was cold, windy tailgate tents snapping in haLf. Of course the following weekend in Madison it was like mid 30s and sunny.

Can’t seem to catch a break on wind. Last two home games weather was cold, windy tailgate tents snapping in haLf. Of course the following weekend in Madison it was like mid 30s and sunny.
I just got around last week to ordering replacement parts to fix one of our tailgate tents that had its frame snap in a couple places during the last tailgate last season. Wind is the worst enemy to a tailgate setup.

It did feel good to use those replacement parts to fix my broken canopy though. It is like new again.

I just got around last week to ordering replacement parts to fix one of our tailgate tents that had its frame snap in a couple places during the last tailgate last season. Wind is the worst enemy to a tailgate setup.

It did feel good to use those replacement parts to fix my broken canopy though. It is like new again.
Surprised parts are even available.

The only game close weather wise to Iowa was Wisconsin in 2019 in terms of wind. Last year we had two weights on each side and some coolers around. I was also holding on one side and like can't do this for six hours and just took it down. Saw there was a ditch full of broken tents by Lot 37. Was impressed those who had enough weights to hold up the whole time.

Surprised parts are even available.
I was as well. I called Dicks (where I bought it) first and no surprise it was well out of warranty (I should have looked into this last November, that is on me). They sort of released me into the wild but amazingly it went pretty smoothly from there.

I found the manufacturer (logobrands) website and winged my way to a helpful page that had a diagram of the frame to my canopy, complete with labeled parts. I was able to use that to load a cart with what I needed. I submitted the order and the parts were delivered within a few days. A few minutes with a pliers and a screwdriver and I have a new Gopher canopy set. Surprisingly easy.

I’d also add the three parts I had ordered cost me less than $25, including shipping.

Last edited:

The weather is still looking good for next Thursday. Partly cloudy with a kickoff temp around 80 and low humidity. It may be a little breezy though with a south wind of 10-20 mph, with a few gusts up to 25.
So, hoodie or no hoodie?

Those tents are like $100 at Costco. Just get a new one

Top Bottom