Weather for MSU

You don’t really think snow and cold temperatures will slow down a 5 star recruit? I don’t.
I've seen it in person.

For the Dilly Bar Dan game, all the 4 and 5 star recruits on the Ohio State sideline were playing at half to 3/4 speed the entire game. It was clear they didn't want to be there.

Saw it for sure once for an I-O-W-A game I think while Tracey was coach or maybe the Horton HC game. They did not want to be out there. Might have been the Dilly Bar season to think of it.

I've seen it in person.

For the Dilly Bar Dan game, all the 4 and 5 star recruits on the Ohio State sideline were playing at half to 3/4 speed the entire game. It was clear they didn't want to be there.
Missile throws make cold fingers/ hands sting.

Saw it for sure once for an I-O-W-A game I think while Tracey was coach or maybe the Horton HC game. They did not want to be out there. Might have been the Dilly Bar season to think of it.
Yep that was the 2010 Horton interim game, our team stunk but we wanted to play that day and Iowa didn't.

First time I ever rushed the field at the Bank!!

lots of HS FB playoff games scheduled for Saturday afternoon.

snow games may look pretty, but on a grass field, it can turn into a slop-fest. on a good turf field, it's not going to have a huge impact unless the snow is really accumulating.

from a fan/spectator/broadcaster perspective, my theory was just to layer up as much as possible. if you wind up feeling too warm, you can always shed a layer.

back in the good old days, you could bring a thermos into a game and sip on hot chocolate or hot soup - or some other beverage of your choice.......

MSU has played a lot of snow games. Weather probably a wash as to any advantage or disadvantage in this game. Be nice to play Maryland in this weather … or UNC.

Last edited:

MSU has played a lot of snow games. Whether probably a wash as to any advantage or disadvantage in this game. Be nice to play Maryland in this weather … or UNC.
I think we might get @UCLA late next year ...

Yeah I’m sure it’s just coincidence that Notre Dame plays at USC in November but USC never plays at Notre Dame in November.
Who wants to be in South Bend at the end of November? I grew up in that region, I don't lol.
The Irish don't want to be in South Bend either in late November. Their season finales have almost always been recently in either Los Angeles or Palo Alto.

This is rehashed, but personally I don't think brutal Minnesota weather has really proved to be an advantage for the Gophers.

In the Fleck era they have smoked Purdue on a lousy day ('18) both beaten ('22) and lost ('18) to Northwestern in frigid conditions, lost to the Wisconsin ('19) & lost to Iowa ('22).

Won some. Lost some.

The Irish don't want to be in South Bend either in late November. Their season finales have almost always been recently in either Los Angeles or Palo Alto.

This is rehashed, but personally I don't think brutal Minnesota weather has really proved to be an advantage for the Gophers.

In the Fleck era they have smoked Purdue on a lousy day ('18) both beaten ('22) and lost ('18) to Northwestern in frigid conditions, lost to the Wisconsin ('19) & lost to Iowa ('22).

Won some. Lost some.
Those are all teams that also regularly play in cold conditions. I'm talking about a few teams that usually don't play in those conditions at all.

It worked for the Gophers before: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/1955-10-29-minnesota.html

What cold? Gopher second half performance caused a lot of jumping around and the blood flowed!!

Wasn't as bad as I thought. The wind is always the deciding factor. The pregame Surly's and in game Minnesota Gold's helped too

I wore insulated pants for the first time ever.

They work really well.

I am getting old.

Wasn't as bad as I thought. The wind is always the deciding factor. The pregame Surly's and in game Minnesota Gold's helped too
On the Home side, it wasn’t bad at all just an occasional slight breeze.

At the end of the game and went to the open end of the stadium, and it was noticeably windier and colder because of it.

I wore insulated pants for the first time ever.

They work really well.

I am getting old.
I discovered insulated pants years ago. They are the bomb. I wear them during the winter as I'm running around doing errands and getting in and out of the car. Also great when shoveling, or long periods outside.

Top Bottom