We took away Sales in the Syracuse game, can we do the same in the Iowa game ?

Die Hard GGF

Reaction score
Kill has a history of saying "if we're going to lose it's not going to happen because one fo their better players did it to them". His focus in the Syracuse game was not letting Sales beat them as their go to receiver. To his credit he did that. Who do we need to take out of Iowa's game plan or at the least limit his effectiveness? Can we do it? My feeling is limiting their recent success in the run game would be their goal. I question if we've been able to affect anyone's running game so far and it would be a positive development if we could this weekend. Thoughts?

I'm sort of waiting for #45 to show up on a police report or blow out his ACL in practice this week. But, if that doesn't happen and the AIRBHG continues to just observe... I'd say this is the week to focus on run stop. The Gopher pass defense is much improved and Vandenberg seems to be willing to lend a hand so to me, the focus should be stopping the run.

Limiting Weisman should be priority #1 (I have no visions of totally stopping him). He's averaging 6.4 ypc in the young season and is certainly the key to their offense moving forward. I think, though, that our secondary can play their WRs straight up, free up some extra guys in the box, and free up some extra defense on Fiedorowicz (who is probably their best receiver on offense). It's a whole new ballgame, much different than the offenses we've faced in the first four weeks.

The Q and WMU qb's are better then Vandenberg. The q recievers will play on Sundays. Who can Vandenberg throw to? Iowa and The badgers passing game are mediocre. Put 8 in the box and let either team beat You with passing. The Gophers d is for real. Start believing.

Did one of the corners stick with Sales through most of the game or did they share the load? Again, the defense played really well!

it all starts with the front four on D putting pressure on the QB. period.

Top Bottom