We R PSU

semoore83

Reaction score
A shout out to the Golden Gophers. I have been going to Penn state games for years and Minnesota fans are by far the best fans that visit PSU. We ran into two gentlemen from Minny who were walking the wrong way to the stadium and needed help finding it. Those two men were excellent people and we shared great stories in our 25 min walk. Also at the weekly pep rally, the Minnesota fans inside the Bryce Jordan Center were rocking right along with the rest of us to which the Blue Band rewarded them, to their delight, by playing the Minnesota Rouser. Pretty Cool!!!
Unfortunately for those Minnesota fans who were hoping for the real Beaver Stadium experience, they did not get it. Many fans were unable to attend because many of us were told that 22,000 parking spaces would not be unavailable for the game. Plus students from other Penn state campuses were unable to come because the university dedicated their busses to shuttling people from remote locations to beaver stadium, leaving the student section unfilled. Despite all the set-backs however, it was nice to see the many who were able to make it.

Once again great fans. Minnesota fans are allways welcome back to Pennsylvania any time. Best of luck, enjoy that beautiful TCF stadium, and c u next year.

Go State, Beat Michigan:)

The feeling is mutual, I have never met classier fans than Penn State's, really enjoyed the hospitality and had a lot of fun even though the game was a little bit rough.

semoore83...My thanks to all PSU fans for being great hosts. PSU is BY FAR the best fanbase in the conference. Since the grass lots were closed my group decided to hoof it across campus and skip the tailgating experience....but to our astonishment a large group of PSU fans saw us walking and invited us to join their tailgate. We spent a good 3 hours eating, drinking and making new friends. Even though the game wasn't competitive, we still had a blast. I also was told "Welcome to Happy Valley" and "Good luck today" at least 50 times as we made our way to the stadium. I've been to every Big Ten school except MSU and no other fanbase is as friendly....it's not even close.

semoore83...My thanks to all PSU fans for being great hosts. PSU is BY FAR the best fanbase in the conference. Since the grass lots were closed my group decided to hoof it across campus and skip the tailgating experience....but to our astonishment a large group of PSU fans saw us walking and invited us to join their tailgate. We spent a good 3 hours eating, drinking and making new friends. Even though the game wasn't competitive, we still had a blast. I also was told "Welcome to Happy Valley" and "Good luck today" at least 50 times as we made our way to the stadium. I've been to every Big Ten school except MSU and no other fanbase is as friendly....it's not even close.

Same experience here. Tremendous.

I loved my trip out there. Great fans to talk with.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Penn State is absolutely the best trip in the Big Ten, and it's not remotely close.

The town, the fans, the tradition, everything you could want in a college football experience, is at it's best at Penn State.

Best line of the trip for me came while getting into the elevator at the hotel while leaving for the game. It's me and a handful of middle-aged PSU fans. I'm wearing my gold jacket, and one of the ladies asks, "Minnesota, huh? What colors are you guys? Obnoxious?" Didn't cut deep or anything, but I thought it was funny, and original.

semoore83

Couldn't make the trip this year but a trip to Happy Valley is a must for any College Football fan. Penn State has the best fans in the conference - if not the country. Very friendly & cordial. Go Big Ten - Go Gophers!

I made the Penn St trip in '99 when we crushed their National Title hopes. You really see the true colors of the fans at a game like this. I didn't get one single middle finger, F you, or other insult. Every comment was congrats, you guys deserved it, thanks for making the trip. And btw, we got so damn lucky to win the game and we clearly weren't the better team. But far and away, and it's really not even close, the greatest bunch of humanity I ever encountered in the US.

Top Bottom