We probably need 21 wins to get in

GopherFish

Reaction score
We still have quite a ways to go to get our RPI up to snuff. I think if we win our remaining 4 plus at least one tourney game, that should do the trick. If we win only three, we will have to win at least two if not three Tourney games to get in. Of course, we can lose 4 and win the BT Tourney and get in too.

11 seed I'd take it though. Any less than 21 and a quality road win(Illinois) would knock us out for sure.

21 is the ticket

21 wins, regardless of how they happen, implies two more quality wins. To win 21, we must either sweep the final 4 games and win on thurs of the BTT. Or we win 3 of 4 (implies winning purdue or @ Illiniois) and win Thurs AND Friday of BTT. A friday BTT win would imply another quality win.

I think 21 is the magic number at this point.

If they can find some way to win the next two they should be in.

Wins over

Wisconsin
Purdue
Illinois

in the last six games would improve the RPI and give them a closing streak that should be enough. A loss to Purdue will make it tough.

I think 4 more and we pretty close, barring a ton of con. upsets in the mid majors, and I think one of those wins has to be Purdue for another quality win. If we go 3-1 and win a B10 game I think we are going to make it.

Top Bottom