We only lost by 3!

WAGopher

Reaction score
We only lost by three to a pretty good Wisconsin team on a day we were out of sync. The season is not lost because of this one game.

Now you know where this one is gonna head lol. I don't agree with this at all, we can't play the "lost by only 3" card. You lost a home game to your biggest rival, it sucks. You played a very sloppy game, with bad penalties, turnovers, and a couple questionable play calls. When you're at home against your rival, you can't do those things, it's really quite unacceptable. BUT.... I do agree that the season is far from lost, and I do step away slightly encouraged that we are able to play with teams even when we suck it up out there. There was a time when that was never the case, we would have gotten blown out of the place. So that's a tribute to the talent being brought in. Now it's time to execute when it's time to bring home a trophy. I'm gettin tired of losing these!

We lost the game, that is all that matters. Seriously we lost for a reason. They dominated the second half and if it weren't for a miracle 88 yard fumble return for a TD and somehow a scoring drive that took one minute off the clock at the end of the 4th it would have been much worse.

But, the bottom line is you cannot spin this loss positive. There is no moral victory to be had here and everyone else should know that.

We only lost by three to a pretty good Wisconsin team on a day we were out of sync. The season is not lost because of this one game.

i am with you, but apparently that type of level-headed approach following a game is scorned by many here. don't get me wrong i AM mad that we lost today and that we were not able to put it together on that final drive, but apparently we MUST let the whiners and the old-dog nay-sayers have their fun. it is what they live for and the only reason that most of them post here anyways. :rolleyes:

The problem is we look the same way each week...making just enough mistakes to not put away bad teams and enough to make decent teams look great. Moral victories cannot be taken out of this game. It was there...they didn't execute all first half, then got manhandled throughout the second half. This game was much more depressing than the Cal loss because they were controlling the game until halftime, then the Badger's adjusted their gameplan (run, run, run) and MN had no answers.

Stop it.......

All posters have been talking about is how Wisconsin is a program on a downward spiral and how they haven't played anybody and how they are mediocre. We lose and now all of a sudden they're good?

They're mediocre but we're slightly below average. I agree the season is far from over but let's not start making excuses. Like Brewster said...we don't want any moral victories we want W's.......

Where does another win come from other than the non conference game. I don't see it. Is Wisconsin's offensive line that good or is it indicative of what we can expect from the defense for the rest of the year.

Stop it.......

All posters have been talking about is how Wisconsin is a program on a downward spiral and how they haven't played anybody and how they are mediocre. We lose and now all of a sudden they're good?

They're mediocre but we're slightly below average. I agree the season is far from over but let's not start making excuses. Like Brewster said...we don't want any moral victories we want W's.......

+1
I'm mad because I said wisky sucks and I stand by it and we're below them soooo yeah that's why I'm mad. because before MSU (and even msu has looked like sh*t before this week) they were beating up on cupcakes and now we loose to them its just unacceptable.

What

Your right we lost. There are no moral victorys in sports. Just wins and loses.

Which part of L-O-S-T do you NOT understand?? I could accept the "played hard and lost" card if we lost to a #1 ranked Florida or USC, because we are no where near that class, but NOT to a mediocre Badger team. Disappointment again and again and again with this program.

Which part of L-O-S-T do you NOT understand?? I could accept the "played hard and lost" card if we lost to a #1 ranked Florida or USC, because we are no where near that class, but NOT to a mediocre Badger team. Disappointment again and again and again with this program.

I'm right with you. I don't care how the game played out. Actually, was there literally anything to have a moral victory about for all of those apologists out there? Biggest game in LONG time for the program and we lost. End of story. I'm sick of this program. Watching Miami, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Auburn and there athletes are so much better it's not even funny.

Top Bottom