We made ONE jumpshot in the entire half

EG#9

Reaction score
Wayne Larrivee is an idiot for focusing on Illinois "struggles" from the perimeter in this game.

It's pretty disappointing to be losing this game because the Gophers have outplayed Illinois for the most part. If we quit turning the ball over and actually make a jumpshot, we can get this win and get off the bubble.

Odd because he is terrific from the line- approx 15 feet. He's gotta be rushing the shots.

I don't mind Ralph taking thed 15 footer. He will need to take these shots down the road. I think he will be a force in years to come with a short range jumper.

The problem is they aren't really 15 footers, they're more like 17. Unless the shot clock is under 10, we don't need him shooting from that far out.

I mind when he misses them by 2 feet - twice in one half.

He must make those in practice because he doesn't hesitate in the game and Tubby doesn't take him out...but I don't recall him making a single one in a game all year.

i swear we made 2 shots all night from beyond the bunny range

busch with his three and a westbrook jumper

someone sell me on the future

nolen has regressed

hoffarbor has regressed

NO ONE CAN SHOOT

Mbwake cant shoot

royce and williams are high fliers but will have to work on their shot

i am somewhat frustrated with what i am seeing and am not as optimistic about the future

someone sell me on it please

nolen has regressed

hoffarbor has regressed

NO ONE CAN SHOOT

Mbwake cant shoot

royce and williams are high fliers but will have to work on their shot

i am somewhat frustrated with what i am seeing and am not as optimistic about the future

someone sell me on it please

You're right. We suck and we'll always suck. There is no hope. Time to give up.

Did I miss anything???

You're right. We suck and we'll always suck. There is no hope. Time to give up.

Did I miss anything???

nope.....it's all rosy and cant possibly get better

the door is wide open......the fact our players get no better matter little

nope.....it's all rosy and cant possibly get better

the door is wide open......the fact our players get no better matter little

Good. just wanted to make sure!!!!:p

But seriously, I think we'll be fine in the long run. We're young and we made some really dumb mistakes on offense tonight, no doubt about it. But if you don't think the chance to be significantly better next year is there, then I guess it is time to pack it in.

We're adding some pieces that will not only add a bit more to the equation in terms of strength and athleticism, these are also guys that will help make the other guys better in the long run because they will present various matchup problems for opponents. Granted, its hard to foresee how that will all work out. But if the guys continue to improve over the course of another summer, hit the weights hard and then you factor in Mbakwe, White, Williams and Cobbs, we'll have a pretty darn good makeup heading into next year.

The biggest problem that we've had in my opinion is that our rotation has been kind of funky and it's messed with the players' rhythms a little bit. Need to find a strong, nine-man rotation and stick with it. But, that's just my opinion. There are other problems also, but if there's one thing that has become painfully (at least, at times!!!:p) apparent, it's where our individual players have deficiencies. This being the case, they'll most likely know what to work on during the offseason and in training, which will also help.

Don't fret too much. We're right on schedule as far as I can see (20-8, 8-8). Next year, we can expect a little more. But this is a learning year for A LOT of our guys. Come this time next season, the problems we're having now shouldn't be as big of an issue. If they are, then we'll have something more serious to talk about. For now however, we just need to let the overall process run its course.

Hope this helps somewhat!!!!:)

I don't mind Ralph taking the 15 footer. He will need to take these shots down the road. I think he will be a force in years to come with a short range jumper.
Although I've been a bit critical of Sampson's play at PF, I do agree with this. I think Ralph will start hitting those shots eventually (hopefully before the end of this year) and the entire offense will be better for it.

Top Bottom