We get frustrated with our offense, but imagine going 2 YARDS FORWARD in the second half ...

What's even crazier, is Iowa's FG only happened because they hit on what amounted to a Hail Mary on 3rd & 14. Great catch for sure, but 9/10 that is not completed.

Their TD drive was 46 yards, which included 2 personal fouls and a PI from us.

I have not watched a ton of Iowa football the past few years, but I was kind of shocked how bad their OL was. They used to be so good there. They certainly don't make it any easier for their QB.

What's even crazier, is Iowa's FG only happened because they hit on what amounted to a Hail Mary on 3rd & 14. Great catch for sure, but 9/10 that is not completed.

I have not watched a ton of Iowa football the past few years, but I was kind of shocked how bad their OL was. They used to be so good there. They certainly don't make it any easier for their QB.
Their TD was a result of a bizarre penalty on 4th and 1.

The PI on Walley was also close. I can see it going both ways but I don't think it should have been called.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't keep passing more, it seemed to work.

I get it, dude not good but they were getting some yards.

I'm not sure how Brian Ferentz survives this.

They aren't going to get close to the points per game he needs in his contract (19.5 now)

I get that Thanksgiving will be awkward but this simply can't continue at iowa. Even the crappiest FCS and MAC teams the Gophers play put up more fight on offense.

They aren't going to get close to the points per game he needs in his contract (19.5 now)

I get that Thanksgiving will be awkward but this simply can't continue at iowa. Even the crappiest FCS and MAC teams the Gophers play put up more fight on offense.
If Kirk intends to keep coaching at Iowa a few more years than Brian needs to do his dad a favor and take an NFL assistant job in the off season.

Pretty sure the 25 point thing doesn't lead to him being fired just not getting a pay increase or something stupid like that.

Think about this.....even after the punt return reversal they had the ball at midfield with about 2 minutes left and one timeout needing just a field goal to win at home with the wind at their back. They needed what....20 yards....and they had no shot of getting it.

Our offense is frustrating....theirs is a complete and total joke. A coordinator change may or may not solve their problems but no OC should be able to keep their job when overseeing a unit that pathetic for multiple years. If his last name was anything else he would have been fired a while ago.

I generally agree. I suppose they could use the excuse they want to give Brian a full year with Cade McNamara.

They have to average 36 points/game the rest of the way. Yeah it ain’t happening. They also have a pick 6, a PR TD and a safety this year so the offense itself is scoring 17.5/game, which is horrifically bad

I hope Brian Ferentz keeps his job forever.
Every team in the Big Ten hopes that Brian remains the OC in Iowa for as long as possible.

Heck, some of it isn't even his fault with all the injuries and what not. But the bottom line is that the only reason he hasn't and won't be fired is because Daddy is the head coach. An OC anywhere else that led an offense that was that bad year after year while the defense and special teams continue to dominate would have been sent packing.

There is a very very very very small part of me that feels bad for the Iowa fans who have to wonder just how good their program could be with even a competent offense instead of the garbage they have been force fed for multiple years now.

the Iowa OL hasn't been particularly good for a few years now. Iowa fans knew that their line had some issues but were thinking that the line improved this season because their running game had been improving significantly before it was shut down in the Gopher game.

Pretty sure the 25 point thing doesn't lead to him being fired just not getting a pay increase or something stupid like that.

From talking with Iowa fans, I think that is correct. And those 25 points didn't have to be offensive points.

Every team in the Big Ten hopes that Brian remains the OC in Iowa for as long as possible.

Heck, some of it isn't even his fault with all the injuries and what not. But the bottom line is that the only reason he hasn't and won't be fired is because Daddy is the head coach. An OC anywhere else that led an offense that was that bad year after year while the defense and special teams continue to dominate would have been sent packing.

There is a very very very very small part of me that feels bad for the Iowa fans who have to wonder just how good their program could be with even a competent offense instead of the garbage they have been force fed for multiple years now.
They made their deal with the Kirk devil.👿

They got a lot out of it. At one point their fans were complaining that they had to go to the outback bowl again and again….

If Kirk intends to keep coaching at Iowa a few more years than Brian needs to do his dad a favor and take an NFL assistant job in the off season.

Think about this.....even after the punt return reversal they had the ball at midfield with about 2 minutes left and one timeout needing just a field goal to win at home with the wind at their back. They needed what....20 yards....and they had no shot of getting it.

Our offense is frustrating....theirs is a complete and total joke. A coordinator change may or may not solve their problems but no OC should be able to keep their job when overseeing a unit that pathetic for multiple years. If his last name was anything else he would have been fired a while ago.
Agree with everything ^

Also, even AFTER the punt return was called back I still expected to lose as they only had to go 15 yards with the wind behind them and they had a timeout and 1:30 on the clock.

My mind went from when we punted ....

We have a shot to stop them and win this to....

OMG we just lost to a sport center top 10 punt return to....

We are still going to probably lose as they just need a first down and a few yards to kick the winning FG to....

Holy crap Holy crap Holy crap we are going to win.

Agree with everything ^

Also, even AFTER the punt return was called back I still expected to lose as they only had to go 15 yards with the wind behind them and they had a timeout and 1:30 on the clock.

My mind went from when we punted ....

We have a shot to stop them and win this to....

OMG we just lost to a sport center top 10 punt return to....

We are still going to probably lose as they just need a first down and a few yards to kick the winning FG to....

Holy crap Holy crap Holy crap we are going to win.
My exact words when DeJean ran the punt back were: “You have got to be f$cking kidding me!” :)

They have to average 36 points/game the rest of the way. Yeah it ain’t happening. They also have a pick 6, a PR TD and a safety this year so the offense itself is scoring 17.5/game, which is horrifically bad
It is. Only slightly worse than us.

Most teams don't survive their starting QB going down.

Agree that their pass protection gave up a lot of pressure. They made us look damn good today. And we earned it! Guys worked their asses off for this game.
they wouldn't be very good with Cade either

I didn’t have words. I was just defeated.

Was watching later on DVR, so I skipped ahead to get to the next drive and saw the score has gone back down to 12-10 good guys and I was like “WHAT???!!!l

I went into my office, texted a couple friends "I can't.....I just can't"

Sat slumped for what seemed like 10 minutes but was likely just 30-60 seconds. Came back into living room as they were reviewing the play.
I just recall sitting there thinking this can't actually be happening again. Iowa isn't going to escape with another win in a game they had no business winning.

Thankfully something finally went our way in this matchup and the D was able to finish things off with the INT. Would have been a massive kick to the crotch to have us get the reversal and then lose on a last second field goal.

OP's tweet is incorrect.

The 6th possession by iwoa was not 3 plays for 27 yards, it was 7 plays for 27 yards.

Which is still amazing that, excluding punts, iwao average 3.4 plays per possession the entire 2nd half.

Top Bottom