WCCO's Steve Thompson thanks for nothing

wait!what?

Reaction score
I understand Steevie T has to be a company man but when Nelson cut in to give the Gophs final score, Burpy Steve Thompson started breaking bad all over the Goph FB program. "they can't fill the stadium...' 'Can't market the team...blah blah'. St Thomas blah blah. Nelson went on about the win and progress and then back to Steve T for more 'but they can't fill the stadium'. I'll enjoy giving him a shoulder bump in a beer tent when the gophs are on the come.

What's his excuse for the "Good Neighbor" falling down in the local ratings hole? He should worry about that instead.

sour grapes that the Old Neighbor doesn't broadcast Gopher football any longer, and nobody under 60 listens to them

sour grapes that the Old Neighbor doesn't broadcast Gopher football any longer, and nobody under 60 listens to them

bingo. WCCO 830AM is not a happy camper these days. they have now lost gopher football and gopher sports, the twins, wild hockey, etc. that and that alone is why you are seeing idiots like steve thompson now taking cheap shots and trying to bash at inappropriate times.

WCCO has the tommies...hahaha!!!! they are loosing listeners left and right because it is constant St.Thomas this...St.Thomas that. What a step down for 830 AM. Now they got what they deserve.

St. Thomas (MN) Total 26,005 Ave. 3,251

Gophers had more than 26,005 yesterday...

If you live outside the Metro area or are hunting, without WCCO carrying the Gophers good luck at listening to the game. Been hunting in SD for yrs. and could always listen to the Gophs. No longer.

If you live outside the Metro area or are hunting, without WCCO carrying the Gophers good luck at listening to the game. Been hunting in SD for yrs. and could always listen to the Gophs. No longer.

That's odd, since most of the network stations that 'CCO had stayed on, and the rest were replaced or upgraded. Gophers area coverage actually increased by about 20%. Check your batteries...

Nothing wrong with batteries, you check the signal strength in Western Mn. Not even 50 miles.

That's odd, since most of the network stations that 'CCO had stayed on, and the rest were replaced or upgraded. Gophers area coverage actually increased by about 20%. Check your batteries...

:D

I have always thought ST was kind of a loser even when the Gophers were on WCCO. He always find some negative to say.

Also maxie on the sports last night seemed more excited by the lack of the crowd yesterday than the win over illinois. He seemed more interested in flirting with the lady news anchor!

Nothing will ever top the tears they shed over the Twins. "UnMinnesotan-Like" charges made will never be touched again by a radio station. The signal-strength scares were priceless too.

When are the rights up again? For the sake of the station, they have to make strong pitch to get them back. I admit it, I do turn it to 830 if I want to get a quick weather or traffic update. Sid hasn't been good radio since 1995, Michelle Tafoya is a "has been", and Max is officially now a "never will be".

I had the ST Thomas game on my way to the Goph-IL game. switched cuz 100.3 pregame had tech troubles. Got in the car after the goph game and had WCCO still on then heard Steevee T. and Nelson. Steve T sounds like he is holding back a burp.

Top Bottom